The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 hours ago, prowl said:

On the other hand the year abroad to stiff us out of money wasn't exactly likely to endear him to fans.

I don't know who was right and who was wrong. From where I sit it looks like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

He was due to go out on loan before DC asked for a £10k a week loan fee, that led to his agent asking for more than the money DC offered. Which led to the stand off.

The really hilarious thing is though Leicester City signed him, but through a feeder club and the EFL, the FA and the Premier League did absolutely nothing. So this sort of transaction will become more and more common in football that why its so important to have youth players on longer deals.

Hunt has a good loan at Grimsby, he comes back with 6 months on his contract, a Premier league team via a feeder club or Scottish team picks him up for about £200k a player we have had for 12 years. All for the sake of about £50k a season in wages.

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He was due to go out on loan before DC asked for a £10k a week loan fee, that led to his agent asking for more than the money DC offered. Which led to the stand off.

The really hilarious thing is though Leicester City signed him, but through a feeder club and the EFL, the FA and the Premier League did absolutely nothing. So this sort of transaction will become more and more common in football that why its so important to have youth players on longer deals.

Hunt has a good loan at Grimsby, he comes back with 6 months on his contract, a Premier league team via a feeder club or Scottish team picks him up for about £200k a player we have had for 12 years. All for the sake of about £50k a season in wages.

I think he will be offered a new contract if he does well. I am sure DM has told him that, its now up to the kid to prove himself.

15 hours ago, Bigger Guns said:

The USA women’s team is the best in the world but the men’s team are garbage. The state of Canadian women’s football has no bearing on the Canadian men’s team. You’re clutching at straws with this argument 

USMNT are ranked 20th in the world.

They certainly aren't garbage.

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

But if he does poo then we're lumbered with a non league quality player on 50k a year wages.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

😂 people arguing with me on this point. Long and short of it Beauchief Owl tried to argue that corbeanu will be amazing because the Canadian women’s team won gold at the olympics which is just absurd.

About as relevant as me having 3 poos by 9.37am.

I’m done 😂

No wonder you're crying mate, I hope you're not using Izal bog roll?

1 hour ago, Bigger Guns said:

😂 people arguing with me on this point. Long and short of it Beauchief Owl tried to argue that corbeanu will be amazing because the Canadian women’s team won gold at the olympics which is just absurd.

I’m done 😂

It's relevant if you don't get up until 9:45 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Bigger Guns said:

I’m done 😂

I do find it bizarre that you make a comment (or anyone for that matter) and you get absolutely worn down about the opinion you have

You, like the majority of the fanbase, havent seen this kid play. He may be great, he may not be and you've taken a neutral standpoint and get pelters for doing so

• Like 2