The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ipswich are making a good go of it. 

There are probably 8-10 teams in with a claim to be good enough to make the play-offs. Wigan and Ipswich have certainly wrung the changes as have we. Could take time to settle but they should be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

There are probably 8-10 teams in with a claim to be good enough to make the play-offs. Wigan and Ipswich have certainly wrung the changes as have we. Could take time to settle but they should be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Seems that we are gelling much better than them. Although report say that they heavily outplayed their opposition in both games. 

18 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

There’s loads of pressure on Paul Cook there now,  I can’t see him been able to lose many there without getting the bullet 

He's worse than Jos Luhukay at this moment, squads in a massive transition to youth but he's been very well backed.

They've let all their experience go, 4 of those joined Colchester. (Skuse, Sears, Judge, Chambers) 

Plus another 4 or 5 players about 28 years old or over have left.

12 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

He's worse than Jos Luhukay at this moment, squads in a massive transition to youth but he's been very well backed.

They've let all their experience go, 4 of those joined Colchester. (Skuse, Sears, Judge, Chambers) 

Plus another 4 or 5 players about 28 years old or over have left.

They've signed sixteen players, it's going to be mighty difficult to keep them all happy whilst also trying to get them to gel.

23 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Everyone's only played 2 games. Only after about a quarter of the season or another 9 or 10 games will the league take shape and we will know who the serious contenders are for promotion.

The betting has us and Ipswich as joint 2nd favourites.

1937204006_Screenshot_20210817-110306_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f6ef98bd6acda2f57c5f41ee4f7953a1.jpg

Probably another 5 teams who’ll fancy themselves as well, and there’s always one unfancied team who come out of nowhere. I don’t think we’ll have a good idea who the real contenders are until xmas at least

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

They've signed sixteen players, it's going to be mighty difficult to keep them all happy whilst also trying to get them to gel.

Much easier for us to keep 13 new players happy and getting them to gel?

Feel like we are both in the same boat really.  

• Like 2

Former Sheffield Wednesday forward Connor Wickham has been taken on trial by Preston North End as he seeks to get his injury-hit career back on track.

The 28-year-old is training with the Championship club, having been released by Crystal Palace this summer.

12 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Former Sheffield Wednesday forward Connor Wickham has been taken on trial by Preston North End as he seeks to get his injury-hit career back on track.

The 28-year-old is training with the Championship club, having been released by Crystal Palace this summer.

I'm surprised a Championship club has taken the risk on him to be fair. Good luck to him, definitely a talented player if he can stay fit. 

19 minutes ago, Vanderowlsterdam said:

I'm surprised a Championship club has taken the risk on him to be fair. Good luck to him, definitely a talented player if he can stay fit. 

Taking him on trial is not really much of a risk.  Taking him on trial, and then signing him on a 4 year deal probably is :ghoulguy:.

As you say, good luck to him.  Apart from his first spell with us, he does seem to have been blighted by injuries over the years.

1 hour ago, Vanderowlsterdam said:

Seen the state of PNE this season? 

Ched Evans is their main forward ffs. 

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

He’s a good player if fit 

And I know that’s a big if 

I’ll always have a soft spot for him and still wouldn’t be against him signing if the deal was right 

sadly the injury concerns out weigh his probable wage demands 

• Like 1