The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

18 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I don't think he will be wanting to get rid of Paterson unless he is told to bring in some money and cut the wage bill a bit. Offers alot of different options for a league one team.

For me under Moore the team looks better without him in it, he does offer a lot but deliver no enough with goals and assists and when he get decent chance often take 6 or 7 to score once.

He got to be on decent money I would move him on for any few over the £500k we paid for him.

2 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Someone who can play as a defensive midfielder and is also comfortable at centre half would be ideal..............dont ask me who though :biggrin:

Has Hutch got a brother?

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me under Moore the team looks better without him in it, he does offer a lot but deliver no enough with goals and assists and when he get decent chance often take 6 or 7 to score once.

He got to be on decent money I would move him on for any few over the £500k we paid for him.

He is a rough houser who can play virtually anywhere and also has a long throw. Trust me. Moore is going to want to keep him here.  

4 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Do we need a defensive midfielder now Luongo seemingly out for a good chunk of the season? Still would like to see a CF who's a good target man brought in or a LB who's left footed.

TBH if we do no further business, we've done good business in this window.  

If Morsy is available I’d bet we’re looking at that 

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So if Boro, a club in a higher division would be interested in swapping Morsey for Paterson and some on here are suggesting. Then why would we be letting him go.?

thats the same as saying we shouldn’t have let people like Rhodes, Reach and Moses leave because they are playing at a higher level now. 

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So if Boro, a club in a higher division would be interested in swapping Morsey for Paterson and some on here are suggesting. Then why would we be letting him go.?

I have no idea whether Middlesbrough would be interested in such a deal, but if they were, it wouldn't necessarily mean it would be a bad one for us to do.

Sometimes players suit a particular style of play, system, or even manager, better than they suit others. Aligning the right players with the right context in order to bring out the best in them is the way clubs like ours need to operate - if that means letting a decent player who's not a natural fit for the way we play leave in order to bring in one who is, then that's a good move, regardless of what level he moves to.

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Morsy Ipswich bound from what I’ve seen, as mentioned I would take a Paterson going there way and morsy in return.

here's the latest

https://whttps://the72.co.uk/248784/sheffield-united-luton-town-preston-north-end-monitoring-middlesbrough-man-sam-morsy/ww.deepdaledigest.com/transfers/report-preston-interested-in-late-move-for-sam-morsy/

Sheffield Wednesday youngster Charles Hagan is attracting interest ahead of the transfer deadline tomorrow, as per a report by the Sheffield Star. 

Sheffield Wednesday have a decision to make as to whether they want to loan him out out or not.

He is attracting interest from League Two trio Scunthorpe United, Harrogate Town and Sutton United.

National League side Aldershot Town are also believed to be keen.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I have no idea whether Middlesbrough would be interested in such a deal, but if they were, it wouldn't necessarily mean it would be a bad one for us to do.

Sometimes players suit a particular style of play, system, or even manager, better than they suit others. Aligning the right players with the right context in order to bring out the best in them is the way clubs like ours need to operate - if that means letting a decent player who's not a natural fit for the way we play leave in order to bring in one who is, then that's a good move, regardless of what level he moves to.

It's only us or some on here that think he is not a decent fit for us. Played every game he can so far under Moore hasn't he? Nothing to suggest Moore is looking to get rid or even drop him from the first team for that matter.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Patterson is a different kind of player to one we have there are games where we need to have more muscle grit and sh!thouses in the side like the Rotherham game this is where Patterson steps up 

he won’t feature as much as many but he will help us in the games we need to dog it out 

Id Keep him, and can’t see Moore wanting to part with him for the reasons above 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

It's only us or some on here that think he is not a decent fit for us. Played every game he can so far under Moore hasn't he? Nothing to suggest Moore is looking to get rid or even drop him from the first team for that matter.

I took your question to be implying that if a team in a higher division than us wanted to swap players, we shouldn't be letting ours go?

As for Paterson, he's played some part in all but one of Moore's games in charge (and that was because he missed the Donny game with concussion), either as a starter or off the bench. He clearly offers something to the squad, but I'm not convinced he'd be Moore's first choice for a wide forward based on what I've seen so far.

I have no idea whether there's any interest in Paterson, but if there were, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a deal happen if it allowed him to strengthen elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I took your question to be implying that if a team in a higher division than us wanted to swap players, we shouldn't be letting ours go?

As for Paterson, he's played some part in all but one of Moore's games in charge (and that was because he missed the Donny game with concussion), either as a starter or off the bench. He clearly offers something to the squad, but I'm not convinced he'd be Moore's first choice for a wide forward based on what I've seen so far.

I have no idea whether there's any interest in Paterson, but if there were, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a deal happen if it allowed him to strengthen elsewhere.

Yeah that would mean that Boro would see something in Paterson they clearly don't in Morsey if they are willing to swap. But I was more saying why would Moore want to get rid of Paterson even if an offer come in. He is an asset at this level. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

No we didn't 

There was no way we were paying 20/30k to them was there. So we will never know if they would have stayed with us if we didn't go down. We offered Reach a deal to do so didn't we but he turned it down last season.