The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

4 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

We might let Patterson move on. Though he is capable of goals he doesn't fit too well due to his non striker attributes. I think we would only let him go if we line someone up first. Any ideas on who though? Might be another position too. Maybe a utility type. 

I agree. I could see Paterson ending up

at Middlesbrough on deadline day. As I said in an earlier post I think the way we’ll develop under Moore is with a view to players being comfortable popping up in any position on the pitch. So we could see a little bit of movement on the recruitment front over the next couple of days. I’m looking forward to seeing how we develop under Moore, it could be exciting 😄

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

at Middlesbrough on deadline day. As I said in an earlier post I think the way we’ll develop under Moore is with a view to players being comfortable popping up in any position on the pitch. So we could see a little bit of movement on the recruitment front over the next couple of days. I’m looking forward to seeing how we develop under Moore, it could be exciting 😄

I don't think he will be wanting to get rid of Paterson unless he is told to bring in some money and cut the wage bill a bit. Offers alot of different options for a league one team.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I thought this a few weeks ago and could see Colin looking at El Pato. If so, I would get rid. He’s on big money and he isn’t a starter in our team when everyone is available. If we could get rid of him, I’d bring a 3rd central striker in with pace as another option. But I wouldn’t bring any in unless we can offload as we have enough in my eyes. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Do we need a defensive midfielder now Luongo seemingly out for a good chunk of the season? Still would like to see a CF who's a good target man brought in or a LB who's left footed.

TBH if we do no further business, we've done good business in this window.  

Yeah I reckon so.

Luongo is the only "defensive" minded midfield we've got. Byers sit deep, but is more of a playmaker, Wing likes to get forward and Adeniran is a typical box to box midfielder.

Luongo proved the worth of a genuine defensive midfielder away at Rotherham. If he's going to be missing for a long period, then I think it's imperative we replace him.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Do we need a defensive midfielder now Luongo seemingly out for a good chunk of the season? Still would like to see a CF who's a good target man brought in or a LB who's left footed.

Brown is a left footed left back isn’t he?

And Gibson is a left footed defender who can play left back or centre back.

And Johnson played well there on Saturday and Palmer has done okay too

So I think we’re alright in that position.  

But I fully agree that a CF target man is needed, and maybe a defensive midfielder if Luongo is out for a long time.  

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

we don’t know how long he’s out for do we ? Suppose we have adenrian and Dele / Byers but maybe they are maybe more deep players as opposed to actual defensive mids . 

Left back who is left footed is Jayden brown , IMO he won’t play left wing very much when Shodipo . Windass Theo and sow are all fit and ready . 

Cf target man - pato, kamberi , Gregory all above 6ft , 

realistically a cb due to our injury issues there with a few injury prone players . Maybe a cdm if mass long term but maybe . 

does Moore want another attacker , since green went ? 

We shall see , as mentioned if nobody comes in it’s really not an issue as the window has been really good 

8 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Someone who can play as a defensive midfielder and is also comfortable at centre half would be ideal..............dont ask me who though :biggrin:

True I suppose with hutch as an option , just wonder regarding his legs at cdm. Injury prone when he plays there and more often than not picks up bookings

Given we are only allowed to sign frees, it's likely any signings would need a month or more to get match fit, therefore not going to make an immediate impact. Maybe, once the suspended points penalty reduces in December, we may be able to do more business in January if needed.

We've still got Shodipo, Sow, Gibson who haven't played a competitive league game yet. 

After one loss, don't think we need to panic, let's work with what we've got for the time being.

No point having players like Dele Bashiru, Waldock, Brennan, Adedoyin if you can't use them to cover Injuries for 5-10 games a season. 

That's how you expose them to 1st team football if you can't get them a love move. 

I'd be quite disappointed if we brought in another CB, CM or CF with that in mind, unless someone's out the door too 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

No point having players like Dele Bashiru, Waldock, Brennan, Adedoyin if you can't use them to cover Injuries for 5-10 games a season. 

That's how you expose them to 1st team football if you can't get them a love move. 

I'd be quite disappointed if we brought in another CB, CM or CF with that in mind, unless someone's out the door too 

that’s a good point , although is waldock or Dele b , defensive Midfielders as such ? Genuine question . 

from what I’ve seen Dele more of a box to box and waldock a passer (maybe in the Byers mould ) granted not seen much of the lad 

good point re Brennan for the cb cover , personally be tempted to get him out on loan to l2 , maybe conference mind . Potentially same goes for waldock, get them game time and physicality 

16 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

that’s a good point , although is waldock or Dele b , defensive Midfielders as such ? Genuine question . 

from what I’ve seen Dele more of a box to box and waldock a passer (maybe in the Byers mould ) granted not seen much of the lad 

good point re Brennan for the cb cover , personally be tempted to get him out on loan to l2 , maybe conference mind . Potentially same goes for waldock, get them game time and physicality 

Waldock played DM for both U-18 and U-23 sides with Alex Hunt next to him. He knows the role, it is only if we trust him to be good enough to play at this level.

If his debut last season against Fulham is anything to go by, He should be good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Any chance of getting me a love move?

• Haha 1