The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Apparently a L1 club can spend up to 60% of turnover on wages. Strangely there are no limits on transfers (though in our case we're under an embargo). Makes you wonder what sort of wages some are on say at Morecambe and Accrington or indeed whether we are going to comply given our total wage bill. Deffo need sponsors, a good cup run, big crowds and promotion.

You know the embargo was lifted in July right ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Not a bad buy for them, thought he was a bit of a handful last season, without looking too threatening for that many goals 

He was free and won't be on high wages at Crewe, only 25 and scored 31 goals in 129 appearances for Wycombe.

Good business I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Dan James is not worth £30m. Has huge pace but he’s not at a level to be worth that amount of money. I’m surprised Leeds are paying that much for him. 

They could get traore for a not dis similar amount, or pay less and go abroad. The Danish wingers from the euros and the Belgian lad still not had big moves, may be tempted to a decent PL club 

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Dan James is not worth £30m. Has huge pace but he’s not at a level to be worth that amount of money. I’m surprised Leeds are paying that much for him. 

You have said what makes him worth 30m in this day and age right there. Huge pace. 

Don't forget we live in a footballing world now where Man City and Chelsea can sell players that have not even made one Premier league appearance for 20m.

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

They could get traore for a not dis similar amount, or pay less and go abroad. The Danish wingers from the euros and the Belgian lad still not had big moves, may be tempted to a decent PL club 

Traore would be double that. Which is why he is still at Wolves.

26 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You know the embargo was lifted in July right ?

True but ATM we can only sign free agents and loan players, we can not buy players so we are still operating under restrictions. It's why we've lost several targets. It will be interesting to see if we're allowed to buy players in the next transfer window.

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

True but ATM we can only sign free agents and loan players, we can not buy players so we are still operating under restrictions. It's why we've lost several targets. It will be interesting to see if we're allowed to buy players in the next transfer window.

Correct, we are currently operating under a soft embargo.

16 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I think you may be referring to Mikkel Damsgaard. More of a number 10 but ye, he is a tremendous young talent. Could go right to the top. If I was a top prem club, I’d be looking at him as a potential world class player of the future. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think you may be referring to Mikkel Damsgaard. More of a number 10 but ye, he is a tremendous young talent. Could go right to the top. If I was a top prem club, I’d be looking at him as a potential world class player of the future. 

Yes, him and Maehle who I thought was the breakout player at the euros. Then the Belgian guy I'm referring too is Doku