Next manager odds

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

the reading situation is of course highly relevant for us given the ‘ source’ of the money invested in them is the same as ours. But I don’t see the same issues there as we have in terms of management and cash flow .

Didn’t Reading’s Thai investor who was pals with DC sell up a couple of years ago? Think they’ve got Chinese owners now? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Does the Reading manager choose which players to sign, or does an adviser choose them?

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

the reading situation is of course highly relevant for us given the ‘ source’ of the money invested in them is the same as ours. But I don’t see the same issues there as we have in terms of management and cash flow .

No their recruitment set up is similar to ours. Reading do have financial issues, and this season is pretty much, sh@t or bust, for them They are likely to breach FFP rules if they do not get promoted 

They though, do have valuable assets they can cash in on if needs be

• Thanks 1

Typical of Wednesday isn’t it. I mean Leicester get Thai ownership and it completely revamps them as a club (look at their new training ground for instance) making them a top 5 team in England and a recent PL winner. 

We get Thai ownership and well you know the rest. Nothing against Thai’s by the way just our blinking luck is all. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

the relevance is they nearly ruined that club too, before they got out and got different owners who pinched Joao off us 

• Thanks 1

On 30/01/2021 at 14:00, steelowl said:

the relevance is they nearly ruined that club too, before they got out and got different owners who pinched Joao off us 

Majority o’people on here were glad Joao was sold-got a good deal for a player that couldn’t hold down a starting spot.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Andre Villas Boas offered his resignation at Marseille as they signed a player against his wishes 

gulps....

could he do a job for us 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😬😬

Could work. 

No chance of us signing any players against the managers wishes! 

On 30/01/2021 at 09:44, steelcityowlsfan said:

Typical of Wednesday isn’t it. I mean Leicester get Thai ownership and it completely revamps them as a club (look at their new training ground for instance) making them a top 5 team in England and a recent PL winner. 

We get Thai ownership and well you know the rest. Nothing against Thai’s by the way just our blinking luck is all. 

I think Leicester owners are Malaysian 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Andre Villas Boas offered his resignation at Marseille as they signed a player against his wishes 

gulps....

could he do a job for us 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😬😬

Sounds like a perfect fit. Our managers clearly have 100% control over transfers.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Just now, Kernow_Blu said:

Looks to me like we've got our new manager in place now ......

I think the market is just going to stay open long enough to pay out on the 10 competitive games rule. As I lumped on in the main on Thompson, I’m quite happy about it. You could still make money on him at his current evens price? He’ll be back to odds on tonight.