Next manager odds

7 minutes ago, gizowl said:

No better than Coleman, Keane etc ridiculous statement. 

Not exactly what I said was it,  but crack on if it makes you feel better 

14 minutes ago, gizowl said:

At the present time league 1 seems to be our destination and if that was the case under Cook he'll get to know and who to keep and draw up a list of players to bring in. If people think it will be a breeze in league 1 better wake up ask Sunderland Pompey Ipswich Hull.. We need a plan in place for both scenarios and Paul Cook is a very good option we will regret not taking. 

Paul cook quit Wigan when they were relegated .

why would he stay with us if he relegates us?

If it’s true we haven’t interviewed Cook then the most pertinent question would be “why not?”

Whether he’s the right man for the job or not he fits the profile of what we need and he’s taken the time to apply for the position - which at least shows he’s keen. Surely at least worthy of an interview?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

If it’s true we haven’t interviewed Cook then the most pertinent question would be “why not?”

Whether he’s the right man for the job or not he fits the profile of what we need and he’s taken the time to apply for the position - which at least shows he’s keen. Surely at least worthy of an interview?

Didn't actually apply second time round. Now Alonso has gone, Cook has no chance of the job - bookies should be offering 80/1.

• Like 1

Absolutely incredible that we are going into the weekend before the transfer window closes, with no new manager in place. You really couldn’t make this up. I think we will ultimately find out if Cook is any good at Championship level, because we will probably be able to look on when he gets the job at somewhere like Birmingham, where Karanka must be on very thin ice, especially if Coventry beat them tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Paul cook quit Wigan when they were relegated .

why would he stay with us if he relegates us?

They went into administration and I think the administrators wanted him gone. 

52 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Exactly but this shows the incompetence arrogance and ignorance of the clowns running our club. 

Let’s be honest who thought we end up with no manager till after the window closed? It was at the back of my Mind that dc might do it? But I thought no way will he let us slip into league one without a fight? But looks like that’s exactly wots happening? I even thought pulis would walk when he found out no kitty and was being lied to? (No pulis fan btw) just unbelievable 

• Like 1

Surely even Chanisiri is not so incompetent as to not appreciate that for a team second bottom of the league at the end of January, not having a 1st team coach/manager is less than ideal. So we must assume that there is something which is actually preventing him making an appointment - what that "something" is God only knows but surely it is not that he just doesn't see the need to do so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gizowl said:

They went into administration and I think the administrators wanted him gone. 

I believe so, but fair play to him he resigned so the club didn’t have to pay compensation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Absolutely incredible that we are going into the weekend before the transfer window closes, with no new manager in place. You really couldn’t make this up. I think we will ultimately find out if Cook is any good at Championship level, because we will probably be able to look on when he gets the job at somewhere like Birmingham, where Karanka must be on very thin ice, especially if Coventry beat them tomorrow. 

Welcome to the world of Dumb and Dumber 

Paxo.png.e5cb6749268f031283b4b980c024eb02.png.fb9196dcde18e8068dba48222e8180c2.png :Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Surely even Chanisiri is not so incompetent as to not appreciate that for a team second bottom of the league at the end of January, not having a 1st team coach/manager is less than ideal. So we must assume that there is something which is actually preventing him making an appointment - what that "something" is God only knows but surely it is not that he just doesn't see the need to do so.

For what is worth I think he is only offering potential managers a short contract offer because right now he will still be paying Monk and Pullis contracts. All have probably rejected any such offer as being derisory and degrading. That’s just out of touch with reality Chansiri actually is - he’s simply not fit for purpose.

• Thanks 1

Chansiri still saying he is thinking about what is the best decision for the club, saying if he appoints foreign they could have to isolate and could be problems with work permits. We aren’t going to get a new manager in anytime soon are we. We are just going to sleep walk towards relegation. I honestly can’t believe the lack of urgency when we are 6 points from safety. Unbelievable 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, kobayashi said:

One of 2 things, no money or just cant find a good manager who is a yes man.