Next manager odds

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

With every day that goes by I think the chances Thompson gets the job are becoming more and more. A win tomorrow and he will get it imo. If anyone is going to take us down it may as well be a nice bloke like Thompson.

A win tomorrow?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

With every day that goes by I think the chances Thompson gets the job are becoming more and more. A win tomorrow and he will get it imo. If anyone is going to take us down it may as well be a nice bloke like Thompson.

If tonight’s comments from the Chairman  are anything to go by, it doesn’t look like we’ll be appointing anyone anytime soon?

Thompson will probably see out the 10 competitive games which see the bookies payout on him but whether he stays in charge for the rest of the season may be doubtful? FWIW I think he’ll continue with the good home form but it’s our continued struggles away that will  do for us and probably him?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jim said:

If tonight’s comments from the Chairman  are anything to go by, it doesn’t look like we’ll be appointing anyone anytime soon?

Thompson will probably see out the 10 competitive games which see the bookies payout on him but whether he stays in charge for the rest of the season may be doubtful? FWIW I think he’ll continue with the good home form but it’s our continued struggles away that will  do for us and probably him?

The 2 home wins for NT were very fortunate & could easily have been defeats & even in the FA Cup away win at Exeter we could have been 2 down in the first 5 minutes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Chansiri still saying he is thinking about what is the best decision for the club, saying if he appoints foreign they could have to isolate and could be problems with work permits. We aren’t going to get a new manager in anytime soon are we. We are just going to sleep walk towards relegation. I honestly can’t believe the lack of urgency when we are 6 points from safety. Unbelievable 

And from what Chansiri has said to the Yorkshire Post, Cook is a non starter without even speaking to him. Making a judgment on Chinese whispers and hearsay is ludicrous. 

Listening to the Reading manager tonight, he has a really thorough approach with how he gets Reading performing Really enjoy listening, and reading the thoughts of managers like him and Hasenhuttl Oh for a manager like that, putting a plan in place at the club and never veering from that plan Everybody who comes in knows their role, right throughout the club. We need to move away from these shouty, cliche ridden British managers, and get a coach in who can actually work with, and improve the players

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Listening to the Reading manager tonight, he has a really thorough approach with how he gets Reading performing Really enjoy listening, and reading the thoughts of managers like him and Hasenhuttl Oh for a manager like that, putting a plan in place at the club and never veering from that plan Everybody who comes in knows their role, right throughout the club. We need to move away from these shouty, cliche ridden British managers, and get a coach in who can actually work with, and improve the players

Helps if the players are being paid in full 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

Helps if the players are being paid in full 

That’s another matter🙂 Though it didn’t hold back Wilder when it happened with both, the blades, and at Northampton Certainly doesn’t help though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

That’s another matter🙂 Though it didn’t hold back Wilder when it happened with both, the blades, and at Northampton Certainly doesn’t help though

How are we going to attract a decent manager or players in the remaining transfer window when it is public knowledge that the players aren't getting paid on time? 

23 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

I can't be àrsed finding the proper thread to post my thoughts in so I'm just putting them in here. I've gone past caring about/who the new head coach/manager is now, I wouldn't care if someone like Coleman got it. Whoever comes in now would have done an magnificent job if we stay up, I'm giving them a free pass. I don't even really care again if we get relegated. I felt this way with everything regarding us around the time when pulis was in charge etc, but was feeling positive about things after his sacking. Over 1 month later and we still haven't got someone and have had the Eric Alonso saga too, all my positive feelings are now gone. Getting relegated would be probably the least of our worries if it happens as well. I don't know how people still get angry and upset with us, I'm way past doing all that. My next and final step is packing us in all together, but I doubt I would do that. I bet all you people who didn't want Ivić etc. would take one of them now haha. Some people might think I'm being defeatist etc. here, but if you haven't already figured I don't give a shìt haha. Maybe I'm just accepting what looks like will happen. Thanks for reading if you did. I hope we all have positive day, especially regarding Wednesday haha. Also if Coleman gets appointed, I'm gonna watch the Sunderland documentary straightaway haha. 

WomanYellingGif.giflatest?cb=20141107053740     

Second from last sentence, I'm keeping my mouth shut in future haha. Shitstorm Friday it was. 

16 hours ago, Bagarri said:

Right there with you...it’s just the addiction of football that’s keeping me coming back. The need to check the football news with my cuppa etc...

it feels so odd how my actual reaction to loses, manager sackings, conceding has just diminished. Hopefully it’ll come back from Chansiri leaves but football in general just leaves a bad taste....but...what else to do on a Saturday afternoon 😞 

Yeah I know what you mean. On the football in general part, I have got back into watching other football again and have been enjoying it. It's a welcome distraction compared with us haha.

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Does the Reading manager choose which players to sign, or does an adviser choose them?

Just give it Thompson. We aren’t getting out of this whoever comes in. Save the money and have another look in the summer. Players seem to like him, and he comes across as a decent bloke. The Pulis episode was laughable and history will just repeat itself with most of the names on that list. Whether Pulis was your cup of tea or not, I’m convinced had he been given total control, he would have got us out of this mess.

Like many, I’ve given up hope. We’ve been awful on and off the pitch for a long time, and taking the blue and white glasses off, I can’t think of a club more deserving to get relegated than us. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

The market with Sky reads Coleman and Thompson at 2/1 and Ten Cate at 3s.

Given the Chairman’s comments yesterday about the difficulty of appointing a Foreign Coach at this time and the gravity of our situation both on and off the field, it looks like a straight 2 horse race between the current joint favourites.

We win today which I very much doubt after last night’s news then Thompson probably goes out on his own as an odds on favourite? 

Whoever gets it is sadly presiding over a lost cause. I hope I’m wrong as I am many times but I doubt I will be this time? 😟

Guest hirstysfags
4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Given the Chairman’s comments yesterday about the difficulty of appointing a Foreign Coach at this time and the gravity of our situation both on and off the field, it looks like a straight 2 horse race between the current joint favourites.

We win today which I very much doubt after last night’s news then Thompson probably goes out on his own as an odds on favourite? 

Whoever gets it is sadly presiding over a lost cause. I hope I’m wrong as I am many times but I doubt I will be this time? 😟

RIP Wilson. Lovely dog.

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thomson for me, dread the thought of Coleman, wonder why the difficulty of a foreign coach, surely all he would have to do is isolate for a couple of weeks, not long a wait in chansiri world.