Next manager odds

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

I'd laugh my bo!!ocks off if the bookies just closed the book on this out of absolute boredom....... It's the kind of thing Paddy Power would do for publicity and laughs....

Who is actually betting on this?  I can only imagine this is some sort of betting scam that DC is running to get some cash in.  

• Haha 2

I can't be àrsed finding the proper thread to post my thoughts in so I'm just putting them in here. I've gone past caring about/who the new head coach/manager is now, I wouldn't care if someone like Coleman got it. Whoever comes in now would have done an magnificent job if we stay up, I'm giving them a free pass. I don't even really care again if we get relegated. I felt this way with everything regarding us around the time when pulis was in charge etc, but was feeling positive about things after his sacking. Over 1 month later and we still haven't got someone and have had the Eric Alonso saga too, all my positive feelings are now gone. Getting relegated would be probably the least of our worries if it happens as well. I don't know how people still get angry and upset with us, I'm way past doing all that. My next and final step is packing us in all together, but I doubt I would do that. I bet all you people who didn't want Ivić etc. would take one of them now haha. Some people might think I'm being defeatist etc. here, but if you haven't already figured I don't give a shìt haha. Maybe I'm just accepting what looks like will happen. Thanks for reading if you did. I hope we all have positive day, especially regarding Wednesday haha. Also if Coleman gets appointed, I'm gonna watch the Sunderland documentary straightaway haha. 

WomanYellingGif.giflatest?cb=20141107053740     

Edited by Incognito Owl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The priority must change in the manager search. We are relegated, we can't draw our way to safety, which is now out of our hands and needing others to slip up.

Yes, 22 games left but they will slip away quickly and over half way through the season and only scored 15 goals.

It always has been, but now an imperitive to appoint an attacking manager to shift the emphasis to outscoring the opposition. It's the only way to give us a chance of staying up and is the necessary formula for promotion from L1.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

I can't be àrsed finding the proper thread to post my thoughts in so I'm just putting them in here. I've gone past caring about/who the new head coach/manager is now, I wouldn't care if someone like Coleman got it. Whoever comes in now would have done an magnificent job if we stay up, I'm giving them a free pass. I don't even really care again if we get relegated. I felt this way with everything regarding us around the time when pulis was in charge etc, but was feeling positive about things after his sacking. Over 1 month later and we still haven't got someone and have had the Eric Alonso saga too, all my positive feelings are now gone. Getting relegated would be probably the least of our worries if it happens as well. I don't know how people still get angry and upset with us, I'm way past doing all that. My next and final step is packing us in all together, but I doubt I would do that. I bet all you people who didn't want Ivić etc. would take one of them now haha. Some people might think I'm being defeatist etc. here, but if you haven't already figured I don't give a shìt haha. Maybe I'm just accepting what looks like will happen. Thanks for reading if you did. I hope we all have positive day, especially regarding Wednesday haha. Also if Coleman gets appointed, I'm gonna watch the Sunderland documentary straightaway haha. 

WomanYellingGif.giflatest?cb=20141107053740     

Think that’s how me and my mates felt since after Xmas ? The debacle has just sucked the buzz and optimism out of going and being even bothered anymore? Apathy has set in. And now it’s just sort ...well.......meh

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, striker said:

The priority must change in the manager search. We are relegated, we can't draw our way to safety, which is now out of our hands and needing others to slip up.

Yes, 22 games left but they will slip away quickly and over half way through the season and only scored 15 goals.

It always has been, but now an imperitive to appoint an attacking manager to shift the emphasis to outscoring the opposition. It's the only way to give us a chance of staying up and is the necessary formula for promotion from L1.

The one with a CV to suit is Paul Cook and for whatever reason the dimwits running the club won't appoint him. The players linked over the past few weeks Pickering etc aren't going to come either to this f.. king circus, we are well and truly screwed. 

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The one with a CV to suit is Paul Cook and for whatever reason the dimwits running the club won't appoint him. The players linked over the past few weeks Pickering etc aren't going to come either to this f.. king circus, we are well and truly screwed. 

Don't think it's a case of they won't appoint him but him not being happy with chansiri terms, we're going to end up with someone desperate for a job such as Coleman, to appoint him or similar would be a disaster and could literally be the end of us. 

I've wanted Cook all through. What he did at Wigan last season was amazing, and we're in the same situation. It feels like a really good match.

He has apparently turned down a contract to the end of the season. Why? Because normally deals are longer? Because the money's not enough? Or because he wants more say and won't work with Chansiri? Probably a combination but the journos seem to think we would come if it were a longer deal.

I actually think the short-term deal can work for everyone. If Cook doesn't keep us up it hardly damages his CV does it? But he has the chance to earn the longer term deal he wants. Money-wise, just offer him a substantial sum if we stay up; it'll cost us millions to go down. 

It strikes me there is a deal to be done here. Let's get it done.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Grandad said:

Looks like Paul Cook was telling lies about turning down the contract till the end of the seasonScreenshot_20210129-104358_Twitter.thumb.jpg.68d5015a1aa6060c61f27be02c76cc29.jpg

Don’t think he’s told any lie. Sounds to me the Athletic got fed one piece of information and Howson another. The cynic in me would say from the different recruitment camps. After all how did The Athletic find out about Alonso in the first place? DC seemed surprised it had got out in the press in the media briefing he gave after Pulis was sacked. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t think he’s told any lie. Sounds to me the Athletic got fed one piece of information and Howson another. The cynic in me would say from the different recruitment camps. After all how did The Athletic find out about Alonso in the first place? DC seemed surprised it had got out in the press in the media briefing he gave after Pulis was sacked. 

Funny how was reported in athletic shortly before Alonso spit his dummy out and flounced off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Totally agree..mind you I expected Pulis to sort it.....