Blackburn - V - Wednesday OMDT

Second Win?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll get that second Pulis Win?

• YES -
    • NO-
    • Be lucky to get a point

Stayed up into the early hours of Boxing day awaiting news from the Nuns Chuff which simply did not arrive. I consoled myself with about my sixth rerun of 'Dr Zhivago' a wonderfully yet totally inaccurate fairy tale relating to the Russian Revolution. I am always disappointed when I re learn that Tom Courtney erstwhile Pasha Antipov ( Strellnikov) meets his demise.

I preceded this with a viewing of the black comedy in the 'Death of Stalin' with an international cast including Wednesdayite Michael Palin. Realy is worth the watch. Memories took me back to a friendly we had, never saw it, against Moscow Dynamo or was it Torpedo..Can't recall.

I retired to bed well after 4am fearful that his Lordship had been lifted by the police for collectively disobeying 'Lockdown' measures.

So the clouds had a silver lining in our recent win. We know what follows don't we so I'm going for the false dawn scenario and a 4-1 reversal. Not being pessimistic just looking to take advantage of my 60 years + of Wednesday experience. Firmly still believing we will escape the clutches of wrath, but we never, ever, take the comfortable route.

Just like to add my end of year thanks to Snoots for some wonderful off the wall entertainment and managing to keep his pecker up during these very dark days. Much appreciated !        

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

To thread Milord. Compliments of the season to you too.

I just hope the team Christmas party went ok otherwise I really fear for the result today.

Up the Owls.

Maybe DC has covered the back pay situation with 50 year season tickets for the players as table gifts at the Xmas party.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

What a simply marvlious picture of your log fire Snoots. Pleased you all had a nice quiet Christmas, I’ve only had to endure the Mother in Law for two days and nights as she apparently is in “our bubble”...

I’ll have recovered in a week or two though.

Hoping Luongo can play today as he’s  our only hope of staving off a defeat. Would take a draw any day of the week against this lot. Two very dour characters in the dugouts today, Pulis v Mowbray, they’d make a good firm of undertakers!