Tony Pulis post match comments

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair point.

But at 2-0 down at half-time what is the point in bringing Joey on? Might as well give it a go with Brown.

Izzy Brown will end up in Cyprus, after loan spells at 85 different clubs. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It was turning out ok for Monk who had a way better defensive, offensive and points record than Pulis is delivering

Pulis has come in and done WORSE

Think about that for a second

It wasn't turning out ok for Monk who should have been sacked after Brentford away last season and we shouldn't have gone for Pulis.

Think about that for a second.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is fine - I fully accept that

But this is a manager who's come in, played six games, got hardly any shots on the opponents goal, collected red and yellow cards, got ZERO wins and made things even worse than the manager was doing who got sacked before he came

I find it disgusting to then say 'yeah but I can't do owt with this lot - I want a new squad in January' etc

No chance

If he was maintaining the results and form that Monk was getting then yeah I'd find that totally acceptable

But to come in, for our form to collapse, and for us not to win a single game in six and then tell us he can't do what Monk was doing without new players makes me sick to my stomach

Objectively you are correct.

I imagine the situation has taken even Pulis, for all his years in the game, by surprise. The thought of the players at his disposal must be keeping him awake at night.

4 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Not really. This squad is a sack of poo and they've proved it with all of our recent managers. 

We brought in a fair few new players at the beginning of the season to be fair, so not necessarily a constant for all managers. 

That said, his predecessor managed to get more out of this group this season than Pulis, under more difficult circumstances considering injuries and the initial points deduction prior to appeal. 

Does that say more about the players or manager?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's hope it works because so far Pulis is doing way worse than the manager he replaced

To be honest I think he’s doing about the same. Which I think any manager would be with these players

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Apart from the 25 years or so difference in managerial experience! 

The comparison was about the type of character. I so expected Eustace to be a bit bland, but we keep us safe. That’s what I thought when we appointed TP but already I’m fearing I was wrong again.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is fine - I fully accept that

But this is a manager who's come in, played six games, got hardly any shots on the opponents goal, collected red and yellow cards, got ZERO wins and made things even worse than the manager was doing who got sacked before he came

I find it disgusting to then say 'yeah but I can't do owt with this lot - I want a new squad in January' etc

No chance

If he was maintaining the results and form that Monk was getting then yeah I'd find that totally acceptable

But to come in, for our form to collapse, and for us not to win a single game in six and then tell us he can't do what Monk was doing without new players makes me sick to my stomach

Rotherham and Wycombe games were bad but there were also good performances at Cardiff, home to Watford and Bournemouth, at Birmingham.  With same players creating chances and getting shots on target.

No chance of performing like that playing ultra defensive with one isolated striker

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I quite agree.

And while I won't make excuses for that terrible, terrible performances one does have to wonder how much the hard work of playing twice with ten men during a period with such a high numbers of games and short rest periods has taken its toll on some of them fatigue wise. 

Some of them looked absolutely bushed from minute one. Leaden legged. 

Any news on Borner and Luongo injuries? 

Make more subs earlier then! 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Objectively you are correct.

I imagine the situation has taken even Pulis, for all his years in the game, by surprise. The thought of the players at his disposal must be keeping him awake at night.

That's even more of a reason to just stop saying 'we need to get to january and get players in'

It makes him look weak and unable to manage the players at his disposal

How many games are there till January's transfer window closes?

What are the fans to do / expect before then if the brand new manager is doing way worse than the manager he replaced, hasn't won a single game, our shots on goal have dissappeared and now he's saying he needs to get to January and bring new players in just weeks after walking into a squad where man management of the players here is needed desperaetly?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Rotherham and Wycombe games were bad but there were also good performances at Cardiff, home to Watford and Bournemouth, at Birmingham.  With same players creating chances and getting shots on target.

No chance of performing like that playing ultra defensive with one isolated striker

We almost had more shots on target in Monks last game then pulis has managed in six.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's hope it works because so far Pulis is doing way worse than the manager he replaced

The manager he replaced was responsible for players leaving and new players being brought in in the summer. The state of the current squad happened on his watch.

The last 6 games have also been tough games, certainly in comparison to getting stuffed by Wycombe Rotherham and Luton. 

• Like 5

Said before he’s totally underestimated the task at Wednesday. The team is simply poor and there’s no changing that without serious investment (not that the serious investment to date has positively changed anything - quite the opposite!)

Does Pullis need this? Is he motivated to continue with a step down into league 1? 

I can see him cutting his losses and going before the season end.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Pulis has one way of playing and we don't have the type of players he wants/needs to play that way

Why take the job then?

What are we supposed to do as fans? Just wait a few transfer windows until he can flush out all the players and buy his big strong cloggers in?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Make more subs earlier then! 

Yes, we could have. Wouldn't have effected the game in anyway. But would have given the starters a breather for Barnsley.

But I am wondering If it was that...

It was such a drop off from the weekend though wasn't it. A Cliff drop.

I have to wonder if something has gone on.