Tony Pulis post match comments

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

Izzy Brown will end up in Cyprus, after loan spells at 85 different clubs. 

Yet he got plenty of assists for an average team in this league last season. How many assists has Joey got in his career? Pulis turned to him at 2-0 down.

9 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

The comparison was about the type of character. I so expected Eustace to be a bit bland, but we keep us safe. That’s what I thought when we appointed TP but already I’m fearing I was wrong again.

Not sure why anyone expected Eustace to be a safe pair of hands based on zero management experience.  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You spent the last few weeks of Monks reign saying exactly that!

Though I agree it aint good for the manager to be saying it in public and he has been brought in with the remit of making a better job of it than the last manager and as things stand despite the very low bar set for him, he is failing.

Honestly mate if Pulis was drawing games or doing as well as Monk was doing and said 'Yeah it's tough. We are doing our best and then will strengthen in the transfer window and kick on' nobody on the planet could ever criticise that. It'd be fine

But to come out with this after that performance is a right massive copout  to me

I appreciate not everyone will agree and will be fine with a brand new manager saying that after coming in and making things desperately bad and much worse since arriving, but I just can't accept a brand new manager saying that after the last 6 results and performances

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Then he says 'ahhh I can't do it with this squad I need a new squad buying for me in January'

WTF

Wtf avg footballer starts playing around 6 ir 7 years old. The player they are now is the product of 20 years kicking a ball around. Do you seriously expect a manager in a month to make them better players. Seriously. The problem is gm recruitment was shocking and tp has a squad of players which is unbalanced defensively heavy and zero attacking flair. What do you seriously expect that anyone could do with the current squad 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

We were relegated the moment DC decided to give Monk this season to waste what little money we had on ******** poor or injured players.

We spent less than £1m in a close season where we had a 12 point deduction as well as the whole football league knowing what a basket case the club is. The two players he spent money on to bring in are our joint top scorers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Paterson in particular looked extremely fatigued 

Not surprised, he had more than likely turned out for the Dog and Duck on Sunday morning.

The next three games against Barnsley, Forest and Coventry are absolutely massive. We simply have to win on Saturday otherwise this will be the worst start for a new manager I can remember at ANY club for a very long time. I actually do think we will win though. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yet he got plenty of assists for an average team in this league last season. How many assists has Joey got in his career? Pulis turned to him at 2-0 down.

Had he put Pelupessy upfront like he did with Brown last time you would have a point.

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

Wtf avg footballer starts playing around 6 ir 7 years old. The player they are now is the product of 20 years kicking a ball around. Do you seriously expect a manager in a month to make them better players. Seriously. The problem is gm recruitment was shocking and tp has a squad of players which is unbalanced defensively heavy and zero attacking flair. What do you seriously expect that anyone could do with the current squad 

Why would you change the manager if the new manager is going to make things worse and then after just six games say he can't do it without a brand new squad?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk's form was showing enough to keep us up when he was replaced

I was hoping the change would mean we'd move up the table and get better

We've got worse

We've actually got worse than Garry Monk

Monk got the boot before we had a horrid run of fixtures against Swansea Reading Hudders Norwich and Stoke. 

shortly after losing to Luton Wycombe and Rotherham.

a result against Bournemouth aside, I didn’t see enough to tell me we’d have fared better against those teams we’ve just played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is all true

Plus the majority of them have been allowed to get to the point where they are all out of contract in a few months (yep - as a club we've managed to do this AGAIN)

Remember after Christmas and then Monk tried to motivate players who's contracts were up?

Well this time it's way more players out of contract in the summer than back then

Of course no one has mentioned DC yet WTF:

BB and Reach, probably the best equipped players we have for this league, have only professional pride to play for. When we're slogging out draws against FGR this time next year, we'll all remember these with fondness.

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Monk got the boot before we had a horrid run of fixtures against Swansea Reading Hudders Norwich and Stoke. 

shortly after losing to Luton Wycombe and Rotherham.

a result against Bournemouth aside, I didn’t see enough to tell me we’d have fared better against those teams we’ve just played.

The Millwall game ?

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The form we were in when he was sacked was enough to keep us up

Under Pulis we're relegated - 100% with this form

Monk had a worse record than Jos and had to go . Pulis shouldnt have been given the job .

7 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

The subs are not good enough or fit

If they are not fit enough to play as subs after 4 weeks of his management then it is his responsibility. He keeps starting someone who clearly isn't fit in Luongo and he was way off it today.

He brought on Pelupessy at 2-0 down at half-time. How is using an attacking midfielder in Brown going to be any worse, Joey was never going to impact a positive attacking change. 

Would trying Kachunga or Rhodes have been any worse than the immobile Paterson for another 45 minutes?

Let's be honest

We were assured that the performances might be dire but at least we'd win and go up the league

The thought of watcing Pulis teams made me sick in my own mouth but I could at least respect that we needed wins over performances

Six games in and the managers saying he can't achieve even what Monk was achieving - not just with the same squad at his disposal but with more players in that squad fit and available than when Monk was here - and needs a new squad in January buying for him

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Then he says 'ahhh I can't do it with this squad I need a new squad buying for me in January'

WTF

Agree. It’s a massive let down that such an experienced manager has been effectively saying that since very early in his tenure. Not why DC appointed him I suspect. He was the man that all the experts said would organise us and get us points now. I thought he would too but to not attempt to get back into the game tonight, against such an average team makes me fear we’ve appointed the wrong man. Hope I’m wrong.