Tony Pulis post match comments

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

probably have to pay them a hefty wage to persuade them. Most players will do anything for enough money imo. 

No more mercenaries we’ve been there they won’t have any desire to fight for wins and be on the injury table faster than Abdul, complete false economy. 

2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Not really. This squad is a sack of poo and they've proved it with all of our recent managers. 

Which is fine - I fully accept that

But this is a manager who's come in, played six games, got hardly any shots on the opponents goal, collected red and yellow cards, got ZERO wins and made things even worse than the manager was doing who got sacked before he came

I find it disgusting to then say 'yeah but I can't do owt with this lot - I want a new squad in January' etc

No chance

If he was maintaining the results and form that Monk was getting then yeah I'd find that totally acceptable

But to come in, for our form to collapse, and for us not to win a single game in six and then tell us he can't do what Monk was doing without new players makes me sick to my stomach

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

he's 6 games into a new club

He shouldn't be saying 'this squad isn't good enough. I can't man manage them or set them up to win. I need a whole new squad buying for me' ffs

It's abundantly clear that we need 4 or 5 starters adding to the team. The current squad would do well to be mid table in league one. Tone is simply telling the truth. We're utter cack and he knows it, I know it and I suspect that you know it.

• Like 5

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Whether he will try something different before January to see if we can pick up

points remains to be seen?

Paterson did a good Pelupessy impression tonight. I didn’t know he was on the pitch until he was substituted.

He needs to give Penney a run out. He might offer us more going forward than any of the left back options he’s picked so far.

I would encourage Iorfa to push us the pitch when in possession as much as possible and I would have Bannan at the top end of the pitch.

Does he give Rhodes one last shot? That chance he had late on, you just knew he wouldn’t score but he hit the target and if Bannan can thread through balls to him high up the pitch then who knows?

Interesting team selection coming up

on Saturday.

The team selection won’t be that interesting...they are all crap..that startin 11 tonight was about the strongest 11 we’ve got

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Who would you have brought on? Because when I looked at the bench I’d have left it as it was as well. 

Izzy Brown has had a long trial at about 49 clubs, and none have tried to keep him. 

Katchunga has got a great name. After that I’m struggling. 

Rhodes? Don’t get me started. 

The squad is an overpaid, unbalanced mess. 

I’d have taken Harris off and gone two up with Windass and Rhodes. For the last 5 to 10 mins I’d have stuck Iorfa up there too and gone 3-4-3. We were losing 0-2 against an ordinary team and we are desperate for the points. TP stuck with the same tactics all night and seemed content with a two-nil defeat. I can’t think of a manager who wouldn’t have tried to go for it in the last 10-15 mins. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, BRADDO said:

It's abundantly clear that we need 4 or 5 starters adding to the team. The current squad would do well to be mid table in league one. Tone is simply telling the truth. We're utter cack and he knows it, I know it and I suspect that you know it.

But there’s no gettin away from it..we look worse now than we did under monk

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

he's 6 games into a new club

He shouldn't be saying 'this squad isn't good enough. I can't man manage them or set them up to win. I need a whole new squad buying for me' ffs

He needs to get rid of the "bad eggs" and bring in his own "hungry players" then we will be fine:ghoulguy: cos that turned out brilliantly for us last time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

This reminds me of when Peter Eustace took over. He was so obviously the safe pair of hands we needed...but he wasn't, sadly.

Apart from the 25 years or so difference in managerial experience! 

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

None of this is the fault of Pulis. This goes way back and you can’t blame a bloke who’s been here 5 minutes.

He’s been left a sack of poo that started filling up the day Jos was appointed. It’s going to take years to unwind, and anyone with half a brain can see that. 

Hallelujah. Said that the other week and got castigated on here. Well said pal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

he's got a squad full of players who are pretty much all out of contract this coming summer mate so not sure that would be the best way of man managing them

Whatever league we're in, and it's certainly looks like league 1, we need a new philosophy; culture and players.

I genuinely wouldn't care less if they all left - I have no affinity to any of them; just numbness watching them wander around aimlessly.

• Like 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

He needs to get rid of the "bad eggs" and bring in his own "hungry players" then we will be fine:ghoulguy: cos that turned out brilliantly for us last time.

It was turning out ok for Monk who had a way better defensive, offensive and points record than Pulis is delivering

Pulis has come in and done WORSE

Think about that for a second

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

he's got a squad full of players who are pretty much all out of contract this coming summer mate so not sure that would be the best way of man managing them

Not advocating it and to be honest if all the out of contract players don’t want to prove themselves then I think we know where we stand with them, but monk tried the softly approach so maybe he’s giving the hairdryer approach a try. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I hate the way that In every game since Pulis arrived we just let the opposition have so much of the ball. It is so negative. 

The average possession statistics so far under Pulis (a couple of early red cards to consider) is just 32% for us !! In goal attempts it's a disparity of 33 against 79 !! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, shez owl said:

Not advocating it and to be honest if all the out of contract players don’t want to prove themselves then I think we know where we stand with them, but monk tried the softly approach so maybe he’s giving the hairdryer approach a try. 

Let's hope it works because so far Pulis is doing way worse than the manager he replaced

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s an easy one to explain. The attacking players that started the game are light years better than the ones on the bench. He clearly doesn’t rate Katchunga or Rhodes, and do you know what, he’s right. 

Fair point.

But at 2-0 down at half-time what is the point in bringing Joey on? Might as well give it a go with Brown.

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

You're right - like when we signed Deon Burton & Tudgey on 1st January 15 years ago - we ere floundering then near the bottom and they put a shift in and we stayed.

Something similar is required, not some Chelsea youngster on loan @ 23:50 on 31st January.

I’m imagining a repeat of the Burton Tudgay half a season. Need to find 2 strikers who will be aiming to get 10 each & play every game together

• Like 1