Tony Pulis post match comments

Just now, pat blondeau said:

And when Bannan jogged over from the right wing to the left wing to take a corner after messing about with Harris.

It took about 90 seconds to take the corner even though we were 2-0 down.

Have you ever seen a team show less intensity to get back into a game once they go behind?

I can't remember that - it's all blended into the 'mush' that was that performance tonight

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Bigger Guns said:

I just can’t understand how people can still make excuses for pulis. I get the squad has limitations, but pulis’ 30 year career has basically been built on getting the best out of what he has and being difficult to beat.

If he’s as good as some of you lot think, why can he not even match monk’s points per game average?

We're leaking goals now too - we weren't under Monk

A defensive manager who's leaking goals

INcredible

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

And when Bannan jogged over from the right wing to the left wing to take a corner after messing about with Harris.

Have you ever seen a team show less intensity to get back into a game once they go behind?

30 secs plus a Wildsmith goal kick aswell. 

During the match I was watching the players plod around the pitch and thought have we ever had a slower set of players. Ever.

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, pat blondeau said:

No I havnt..I watched it but it had radio Leeds commentary..and they wer perplexed by wednesdays performance tonight..almost mocking us ..they cudnt believe how we inept we looked

2 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

I just can’t understand how people can still make excuses for pulis. I get the squad has limitations, but pulis’ 30 year career has basically been built on getting the best out of what he has and being difficult to beat.

If he’s as good as some of you lot think, why can he not even match monk’s points per game average?

Perhaps he's finally found a bunch that he can't do anything with?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He'd not have been playing though. He'd have been injured or sulking or suspended

Less injuries and suspensions in the past year then Luongo.

Just saying.....

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Less injuries and suspensions in the past year then Luongo.

Just saying.....

I’d rather have hutch than luongo...i just don’t know what luongo brings to the party..how long as he been here? I just don’t know what he does

1 minute ago, shez owl said:

The reality is that Pulis has actually only been working with these players for just over 4 weeks... it feels longer due to number of games. 

Just 4 weeks into a brand new job at a brand new club to then hold your hands up and say you need a new squad in the transfer window?

Don't most people try their absolute hardest and do their absolute best in the first month of your new job?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He'd not have been playing though. He'd have been injured or sulking or suspended

He played nearly every game, neither suspended or injured in the 12 months from Jos leaving to being frozen out by Monk.

He was a leader and gave his all on the pitch and wouldn't have thrown in the towel like some of this lot.

We should have replaced him with someone similar. We have too many with weak characters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He played nearly every game, neither suspended or injured in the 12 months from Jos leaving to being frozen out by Monk.

He was a leader and gave his all on the pitch and wouldn't have thrown in the towel like some of this lot.

We should have replaced him with someone similar. We have too many with weak characters.

Can't disagree with any of that

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Listen, I was a Monk supporter because I believe in long term thinking in a football club. I don't have anything against either Monk or Pulis but to say Monk was getting something out of this squad is a stretch.

Time to get them out.

Starting to understand why Chansiri is slow timing on the wages, they don't deserve any.

I bought into the long term project too, but once again DC acts to show thats been shelved in return for short term chaos. 

Ultimately Chansiri had the final word on every player and was the one who appointed Pulis. 

I'm definitely not a Pulis fan, was ambivalent about Monk but the facts are that we had a better points per game ratio and one win from safety. 

That said it was right to replace Monk, but in ignoring a proper diligent recruitment process to appoint someone with the wrong attributes, unable to work with the players Chansiri had just brought in/retained was a spectacularly arrogant and stupid decision. 

Much though I don't like Pulis, the responsibility lies with DC.

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Perhaps he's finally found a bunch that he can't do anything with?

So he shud have said to dc..I’m sorry pal but I’m staying in the sky sports studio

1 minute ago, Bigger Guns said:

I think you’re missing the point. Regardless of how bad the squad is he should be doing better with the players at his disposal than monk did.

Why should he? This squad were instrumental in getting Monk out by not playing for him, what makes you think they're going to be any different for Pulis?

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Brown hasn't been great but has he been any worse than anyone else? What is the point of the token gesture of sending him on for 5 minutes?

If the first 11 are what he is relying on why not rest 2 or 3 of them at half time and give something different a try? We haven't scored 2 goals in a league game since game 1 of the season, we were hardly likely to score 2 in the second 45 minutes tonight with the same approach.

Now he has flogged the first 11 that he says are tired and he is so reliant on them, so the same tiredness reasoning can be used again when things inevitably don't go to plan on Saturday. 

I agree. Tp says that they are tired but doesn't change the players. I can only think that he is saying that the starting 11 even though tired are better than the others. It is the only answer I can think of