Tony Pulis post match comments

Pulis saying the transfer window is going to be massive for the club. For me we need 4 or 5 players to come in to the first team (not squad players) to have any chance of staying up and we need them signing in the first days of the window not  at the end 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

You’ve got an agenda against Pulis, and the club to be fair. We get it. 

Ahhhh here it comes 

Pull out the 'agenda' word when faced with unsurmountable evidence that Pulis is saying he can't manage the players at his disposal

When anyone ever posts the 'you've got an agenda' what that always means = you win. I've got nothing.

Sorry but there's no agenda at all here 

I just think that after six full games without shots on target never mind goals and never mind actual WINS that the brand new manager then says that it's not is fault but we need a whole new squad

No chance I'm accepting that from ANY manager who's been here for just 6 games and made things WORSE than the manager before him

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I quite agree.

And while I won't make excuses for that terrible, terrible performances one does have to wonder how much the hard work of playing twice with ten men during a period with such a high numbers of games and short rest periods has taken its toll on some of them fatigue wise. 

Some of them looked absolutely bushed from minute one. Leaden legged. 

Any news on Borner and Luongo injuries? 

There’s definitely something in it, plus it was this 11 that were jaded and woeful at the end of last campaign. Losing game after game. Psychological tiredness leads to physical tiredness. Points deduction, lose games,  pressure, lose more games, more pressure, They’ve had no break from it, a game every 3/4 days for weeks on end is ridiculous anyway. All because of the playoff final has to be on a bank holiday 

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Tonight he must take a huge part of the blame. He made no real attempt to get back into the game. I could have played in their defence tonight and I'm 56!

Fuming after watching that debacle, I cant think of one reason for not making any attempt to get back in the game or make any positive subs.

why not give Rhodes and windass last half an hour as two up front, get ball in box and hope something fall for us (like in did in last ten mins when Rhodes had best chance of game for us)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Pulis saying the transfer window is going to be massive for the club. For me we need 4 or 5 players to come in to the first team (not squad players) to have any chance of staying up and we need them signing in the first days of the window not  at the end 

Nobody will come, why would you

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s an easy one to explain. The attacking players that started the game are light years better than the ones on the bench. He clearly doesn’t rate Katchunga or Rhodes, and do you know what, he’s right. 

I don't rate them either but it would have allowed us to change shape.

1 minute ago, shez owl said:

There’s definitely something in it, plus it was this 11 that were jaded and woeful at the end of last campaign. Losing game after game. Psychological tiredness leads to physical tiredness. Points deduction, lose games,  pressure, lose more games, more pressure, They’ve had no break from it, a game every 3/4 days for weeks on end is ridiculous anyway. All because of the playoff final has to be on a bank holiday 

He did mention something after Norwich about being too used to losing or something.  The Physcologiy of losing. Something like that.  Monk mentioned something similar. Kept talking didn't he about it not looking like a winning dressing room. Or something. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

he's 6 games into a new club

He shouldn't be saying 'this squad isn't good enough. I can't man manage them or set them up to win. I need a whole new squad buying for me' ffs

It’s one way of finding out whose got some guts to prove him wrong maybe.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

The issue is none of the players really complement each other. They all plod around at the same pace running down blind alleys; barley close the opposition down and offer little threat or any intent - particularly in midfield and up front.

Whether the last dregs of composure and quality has been coached out of them is questionable, but that team, on tonight's performance is nothing short of woeful - really woeful.

We aren't going to go a 3/4 game winning run are we. At best, we might scrape the odd 1-0 if we're lucky. It won't be enough and something has to change.

Spot on assessment. 

If we win a game I suspect it will purely down to getting the rub of the green on the day. It now feels like this squad hasn’t got a win in them. 

There are no leaders in this camp and I can’t envisage Pulis inspiring them. 

Whether he will try something different before January to see if we can pick up

points remains to be seen?

Paterson did a good Pelupessy impression tonight. I didn’t know he was on the pitch until he was substituted.

He needs to give Penney a run out. He might offer us more going forward than any of the left back options he’s picked so far.

I would encourage Iorfa to push us the pitch when in possession as much as possible and I would have Bannan at the top end of the pitch.

Does he give Rhodes one last shot? That chance he had late on, you just knew he wouldn’t score but he hit the target and if Bannan can thread through balls to him high up the pitch then who knows?

Interesting team selection coming up

on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You're right - like when we signed Deon Burton & Tudgey on 1st January 15 years ago - we ere floundering then near the bottom and they put a shift in and we stayed.

Something similar is required, not some Chelsea youngster on loan @ 23:50 on 31st January.

• Like 5