Tony Pulis post match comments

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

he's got a squad full of players who are pretty much all out of contract this coming summer mate so not sure that would be the best way of man managing them

Pretty much what the last bloke did! 

8 minutes ago, Animis said:

Whatever league we're in, and it's certainly looks like league 1, we need a new philosophy; culture and players.

I genuinely wouldn't care less if they all left - I have no affinity to any of them; just numbness watching them wander around aimlessly.

This group is spineless, symptomatic of the way it’s run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The manager he replaced was responsible for players leaving and new players being brought in in the summer. The state of the current squad happened on his watch.

The last 6 games have also been tough games, certainly in comparison to getting stuffed by Wycombe Rotherham and Luton. 

Exactly

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The manager he replaced was responsible for players leaving and new players being brought in in the summer. The state of the current squad happened on his watch.

The last 6 games have also been tough games, certainly in comparison to getting stuffed by Wycombe Rotherham and Luton. 

Oh ffs - come on now

We were assured by people who posted that anyone could come in and get more out of this squad through better man management than Monk was capable of

Six games in and not a single win, but more importantly possession has dropped to about 30% of games, no shots on goal, no shots on target, goals have disappeared and we're looking relegated already

Bottom line is things have got WORSE not better since Monk was replaced

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's even more of a reason to just stop saying 'we need to get to january and get players in'

It makes him look weak and unable to manage the players at his disposal

How many games are there till January's transfer window closes?

What are the fans to do / expect before then if the brand new manager is doing way worse than the manager he replaced, hasn't won a single game, our shots on goal have dissappeared and now he's saying he needs to get to January and bring new players in just weeks after walking into a squad where man management of the players here is needed desperaetly?

I suppose you could give him credit for being honest - he has a reputation for wearing his heart on his sleeve.

However, I'm not sure if reverse psychology will work with this group. There strike me as being particularly mentally fragile. 

Yes, games are ticking off and the current game stats are shocking, but the 2020 stats are up there with the two worst years in a century. It's difficult to comprehend.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is fine - I fully accept that

But this is a manager who's come in, played six games, got hardly any shots on the opponents goal, collected red and yellow cards, got ZERO wins and made things even worse than the manager was doing who got sacked before he came

I find it disgusting to then say 'yeah but I can't do owt with this lot - I want a new squad in January' etc

No chance

If he was maintaining the results and form that Monk was getting then yeah I'd find that totally acceptable

But to come in, for our form to collapse, and for us not to win a single game in six and then tell us he can't do what Monk was doing without new players makes me sick to my stomach

"for our form to collapse"😂😂 that bit made me laugh. What form?? Limping from one game to the next with the starting XI changing every game?

Pulis should go through this squad like a dose of salts. Total rebuild this one I'm afraid

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I would like someone explain to me why we changed the formation of the back line after 10 minutes 

It was like a fire drill every body changed places 

We seemed to change shape about 3 times in the first 10-15 minutes. That says to me the manager doesn’t know what he’s doing

Just now, GMOwl72 said:

Don’t think anyone would keep this team in the division in all honesty.

Monk's form was showing enough to keep us up when he was replaced

I was hoping the change would mean we'd move up the table and get better

We've got worse

We've actually got worse than Garry Monk

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

he's 6 games into a new club

He shouldn't be saying 'this squad isn't good enough. I can't man manage them or set them up to win. I need a whole new squad buying for me' ffs

You spent the last few weeks of Monks reign saying exactly that!

Though I agree it aint good for the manager to be saying it in public and he has been brought in with the remit of making a better job of it than the last manager and as things stand despite the very low bar set for him, he is failing.

I thought he dropped one tonight.

I thought the line up looked good, but then he set them up in a way which didn’t make much sense.

He knew it so he changed it, but it was too late by then.

The other things that was apparent is that some of the players were out on their feet from the start. Paterson in particular looked extremely fatigued 

I would hoe that Pulis can better balance his preferred line up with a bit more sensible rotation in the future

Just now, Animis said:

I suppose you could give him credit for being honest - he has a reputation for wearing his heart on his sleeve.

However, I'm not sure if reverse psychology will work with this group. There strike me as being particularly mentally fragile.  

This is all true

Plus the majority of them have been allowed to get to the point where they are all out of contract in a few months (yep - as a club we've managed to do this AGAIN)

Remember after Christmas and then Monk tried to motivate players who's contracts were up?

Well this time it's way more players out of contract in the summer than back then

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop