Tony Pulis post match comments

Just now, vulva said:

None of this is the fault of Pulis. This goes way back and you can’t blame a bloke who’s been here 5 minutes.

He’s been left a sack of poo that started filling up the day Jos was appointed. It’s going to take years to unwind, and anyone with half a brain can see that. 

Tonight he must take a huge part of the blame. He made no real attempt to get back into the game. I could have played in their defence tonight and I'm 56!

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I've  never known as many Saturday and Tuesday games in recent season as there is now.

I quite agree.

And while I won't make excuses for that terrible, terrible performances one does have to wonder how much the hard work of playing twice with ten men during a period with such a high numbers of games and short rest periods has taken its toll on some of them fatigue wise. 

Some of them looked absolutely bushed from minute one. Leaden legged. 

Any news on Borner and Luongo injuries? 

• Like 2

Can see he's been trying to pick a settled side where suspensions and injuries allowed to build up some understanding.  The players look cooked though.  He might have to make 5/6 change Saturday just to try and inject some life into proceedings.  As he's already worked out though, if we think the first choice players are limited, wait until you have to deal with our backups.

As vulva said, he's been left a mess and a half.  And he knows what the issues are.  Whether we'll be done by the time he can remedy them, I'm not sure now.  

That was terrible tonight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Tonight he must take a huge part of the blame. He made no real attempt to get back into the game. I could have played in their defence tonight and I'm 56!

Who would you have brought on? Because when I looked at the bench I’d have left it as it was as well. 

Izzy Brown has had a long trial at about 49 clubs, and none have tried to keep him. 

Katchunga has got a great name. After that I’m struggling. 

Rhodes? Don’t get me started. 

The squad is an overpaid, unbalanced mess. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolute garbage. Pulis is just being honest and saying what we all are. The players aren’t good enough. The squad is disjointed and a large % of them are proven failures at this level. You may not like Pulis, but making stuff up is ridiculous. 

Pulis wasn’t my first choice, but it was a totally logical appointment and one I could understand. The appointments and recruitment of Jos and Monk have set this club back years. 

Give over

That's Pulis sayiing he can't man manage the players he has at his disposal

I wonder if he told the Chairman during his interview that he wasn't able to manage the current squad for any of the games before the transfer window?

Bet he didn't

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

The issue is none of the players really complement each other. They all plod around at the same pace running down blind alleys; barley close the opposition down and offer little threat or any intent - particularly in midfield and up front.

Whether the last dregs of composure and quality has been coached out of them is questionable, but that team, on tonight's performance is nothing short of woeful - really woeful.

We aren't going to go a 3/4 game winning run are we. At best, we might scrape the odd 1-0 if we're lucky. It won't be enough and something has to change.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Onge said:

It's tiring without the ball - and we barely have any possession because we set ourselves up to defend. If the players are fatigued we're screwed with the busy Christmas period coming up. Either rotate more or try to take the game to the opposition - where we can dictate the tempo for once...

About to say the same. We have so little of the ball and are chasing it round the pitch for 70% of the game - add on the red cards 

Its hardly a surprise we look off the pace