POST MATCH REACTION THREAD

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Absolutely Daz...deserved a point at least and had more shots on target than league leaders Norwich. 

I second this, watched it to the end even though I was gutted. We just need a game against a team that’s not in the top 6 and when we have 11 players on the pitch for 90 odd minutes.

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

It was a good performance but let's be honest whenever a Wednesday side goes 1 up and then try and defend the lead you almost can guarantee what happens. I have 46 years of experience in that respect as evidence.

We have however played the top teams in the league so seeing how we go in the next few games will be interesting to see. 

Want to see less defensive approach and more taking it to the opposition 

We had more shots on target than league leaders Norwich

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It was a good performance but let's be honest whenever a Wednesday side goes 1 up and then try and defend the lead you almost can guarantee what happens. I have 46 years of experience in that respect as evidence.

We have however played the top teams in the league so seeing how we go in the next few games will be interesting to see. 

Want to see less defensive approach and more taking it to the opposition 

We had more attempts on goal than Norwich 

I thought we were much better than of late.  Got forward quickly and created more chances.  We were certainly the better team up to 80 minutes.  Second penalty shout was a good one and Pelupessy should had done better when he shot weakly at their keeper.   Sitting back against a team that plays short balls around the penalty area was not a good tactic.  Pity, I thought we were good for the 3 points which would have been a huge lift for us.   Iorfa, when he is match fit will make a difference and getting Luongo back next game will make a difference.   Long way to go but we are making some progress despite today’s loss.

• Like 4

Really happy with the performance in the first hour.... And then we took the lead, and got a nose bleed it seems....

If you were going to put a finger on where it went wrong, it would be Iorfa coming of after we took the lead. Iorfa was immense in midfield for me today, (always thought he could do a job in midfield) but I can accept he's been out of the team for the past few games, so maybe the legs needed resting, and then, on came Joey Pellupessy...

I am not going to defend JP today. Not one of his best performances, but as a team we could have done more to keep the ball and slow the game down. We started playing like we had 10 men, which is understandable after the last few games.

8 points off Coventry in the table now. The reality of the situation is we are deep in the mire.

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Absolutely Daz...deserved a point at least and had more shots on target than league leaders Norwich. 

Absolutely. You must have been watching same game as me to. Gutted for losing but the difference in the players attitude and the team is worlds away from a month ago 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Daz said:

Best performance of the season for me. Organized, hard working, committed and could easily have had a penalty to put the game out of reach. Just wish we could have held on and we definitely deserved more out of that game. Always had a threat going forward and should have scored more than one.

My view too Daz.

Undone by some bright high tempo football with rapid passing and movement - premiership quality.  Plenty of positives from today and gutting to not have come away with a point.

JP should have buried his chance.

Frustrating but you can see what Pulis is bringing to this side and I am confident we can stay up with one or two additions including an experienced keeper.

The effort by all was impressive and the goal was superb.

We needed to make the changes as we were knackered on 65 minutes.

Brown looks unfit.

We competed well against a side that will go back up.

Gutted by the result but Pulis has to undo and rebuild a poor quality team,  the confidence and resilience after the last 9 months of Monk’s tenure and 3 years of the Chairman’s complete lack of footballing knowledge.

Its not an overnight job and I really cannot understand why folks are getting brasses off after 5 games...

• Like 3

Just now, basegreenowl said:

Calling out the ref or the fact it was Norwich are by the by. Yep great if things had gone our way. But fact of matter was we were 0-1 up well into the second half and on comes a sixth defender. That's the main point here. We have history of not being able to cope when pushed back. What if the two late attacking subs had come on after our goal and not Palmer? This notion of sitting deep with bodies in there??? Its not in our strengths. Or we could have kept it the same.... 

It permits them to camp round our box, always risking a good ball, deflection, mistake that is less likely if they are 20 yards up the pitch.

Pulis not winning me over with his substitutions