POST MATCH REACTION THREAD

Guest Bulgaria

It's hard to be too critical because we played well and should have been 2-0 up.

If I had to be negative it would be to criticize Pulis for taking Windy off.

Another frustrating afternoon.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Refereeing decisions didn't lose us that game

Could have if Norwich weren't so bad at free kicks on the edge of the box though.

That one where one of our defenders touched their attacker's shoulder and he flopped over like a salmon :duntmatter:

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:
  • Tactics were spot on for an hour. Norwich were visibly frustrated at half-time and we built on the foundations at the start of the 2nd
  • Windass hasn't played for a while so understandable that he went off but change was too negative
  • Pelupessy scores and we win the game
  • Palmer switches off for first goal, not for the first time caught ball watching/slow to respond
  • Van Aken yet again, body position and lack of speed in moving his weight finds him caught out
  • Wildsmith slow to come out for both goals

Good performance for 75 minutes but points are needed, we should be looking at 5 minimum and expecting more like 6, 7 or 9 from the next 3 if we are going to get out of this mess. 

Got to agree with all of this.

Good performance,  away from home against the league leaders. Realky enjoyed watching the game, even tho we lost. Their commentators thought we had the win. Unlucky in the end, needed the second. Top effort again from the players. We can all see we have deficiencies in ball retention up front.

Looking forward to the next sequence of games, I'm confident we will now start to pick up results.

• Like 6

Two penalty shouts... first one nailed on. Red card and penalty.

Second one, the Norwich player just got to the ball first but his follow through brought down Harris...

So, what's different between the Shaw "tackle" in the last match and that one we saw today?

(PS I think that Shaw's effort was a certain red card).

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS

Go on then, how was that by Brown a foul, when Paterson was through on goal?

Why didn’t we get the 2 clear penalties? 

Positive = still 4 points behind 4th bottom.

Decent effort today I thought , we were undone by 2 pieces of quality from Norwich , we can't be expected to see a game out as early as 60 mins , surely that's why windass was taken off , saying that we could have took s 2-0 lead .....not as gutted as I normally am but we are now bottom .....need a win at Huddersfield but they are hitting form gonna be another battle for points for us.

• Like 1

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

Go on then, how was that by Brown a foul, when Paterson was through on goal?

Why didn’t we get the 2 clear penalties? 

OH dear... you still think the HArris chance was a penalty

facepalm.png

Yeah mate... you're right... it's always the referee's fault we're losing games

Owlstalk Shop

The majority of the players deserve huge credit for that performance today. We have to get rid of the weak links though or we will struggle to get the wins we need . 

I think even without the benefit of hindsight, trying to defend a 0-1 lead for so long was a big mistake. I’m surprised someone of Pulis’ experience made that call

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

OH dear... you still think the HArris chance was a penalty

facepalm.png

Yeah mate... you're right... it's always the referee's fault we're losing games

That’s not always the case, but today he was shocking and if VAR was involved we would have won today.

1 minute ago, big_al1985 said:

Everyone went absolutely ballistic with Jos and his negative tactics, I reckon if T-Rex Tony did it he'd be offered every excuse under the sun

Needs to be gone sharpish

No one had confidence that it would ever come good with Jos though. With Pulis you know what he wants and you can see how he's trying to get us there.

There are signs of a team who can compete with the best in the league already, but this run of games has been a bit crap where we've not really been expected to win any of them going into the game. Now there's sadly more pressure to win the 'easier' games. Can't wait to get this season out of the way. If Pulis is still here in the summer then I expect us to be comfortably top half and challenging next year.

• Like 1