POST MATCH REACTION THREAD

Gutted! Thought we deserved at least a point. It’s just a shame nothing that happens from this point on counts for anything. Fans for all or fans for none. Did it impact on the game? Yes it did, so we now have an unfair playing field across all leagues! 

A lot of straw clutching here Disputed penalty calls are part and parcel in the game The bottom line is, it’s another game without a win. Yes there were a few good things we produced, but sitting back again was our downfall. Last week, Luton showed the value of taking the game to Norwich

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why change the manager then?

Because MONK created our non existent strike force and he also had us playing crap in every other department.

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

Because MONK created our non existent strike force and he also had us playing crap in every other department.

That doesn't explain why you should change the manager if you then shouldn't expect to win games because we dont' have any strikers (because of the recruitment team)

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

That doesn't explain why you should change the manager if you then shouldn't expect to win games because we dont' have any strikers (because of the recruitment team)

Monk built what he called a strike force, but to me, you and anyone else with a brain we can see it isn’t a strike force.

31 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Norwich were playing 95% of the team they had in the premier league last season 

it was never gonna be a walkover for us. 

we were punished for errors. We can’t be making Errors and not get punished. 

im still confident Pulis is the right manager. And still confident we won’t go down. 

Exactly.

When we had a team full of quality and Carlos as manager we used to lose these sort of fixtures.

Under Monk we were losing to teams which had come up from the Third.

The series of fixtures we've been on could scarcely be tougher.

In a way, that's probably what will keep us up.

The reason being that we'd probably get similar results against these tough teams even with a strengthened squad.

But after strengthening it will make a big difference against the weaker teams to come.

So best get the tough fixtures out of the way now with the team in its weakened state.

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The recruitment team does the recruiting

The manager gets the final word on all signings

The results this season stink of relegation.

Huff puff effort etc etc but ultimately back to bottom of league.

Players simply not up to it, clear for all to see.

Sure we will get the 'things to work on, concentration key.....' but I truly do not think these players are championship level

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I expect us to win games, just not away to Norwich, I wouldn't have expected to win this game under Monk either. The performances against Swansea first half, Reading until the red card and today overall was much better than we had become accustomed to under Monk. 

Yes we need points, the next 4 games gives us a great opportunity and we need to take it. If we don't then questions should rightly be asked of whether the change we have made has improved us but no doubt about it, after a year of being useless under Monk a change was required. 

Just now, Andy W said:

The results this season stink of relegation.

Huff puff effort etc etc but ultimately back to bottom of league.

Players simply not up to it, clear for all to see.

Sure we will get the 'things to work on, concentration key.....' but I truly do not think these players are championship level

A few are, but they can’t carry the majority who aren’t 

Quite a bit of the season to go but I’d honestly put our chances of survival at around 30-40%

37 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Robbed. Referee bottled it. Penalty and sending off totally bottled it. Lees was sent off for less. 

The added time was taken up by pukki substitution then another player went down so pukki came back on. Played 20 seconds of football 90 to 95 mins. Referee was a joke

Surrendered possession. Surrendered the advantage we had worked so hard to gain. Surrendered 2 late goals (again). But you’re right, it was the refs fault.......

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I expect us to win games, just not away to Norwich, I wouldn't have expected to win this game under Monk either. The performances against Swansea first half, Reading until the red card and today overall was much better than we had become accustomed to under Monk.   

We're doing worse than under Monk in terms of points

Much much worse

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Our striker turned down a new contract and went to stoke. Our other striker the same and went to Cyprus.  

Managers failure ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the answer was Chey 'leg broken in two places currently' Dunkley I dread to think who Monk was offered that he turned down

Regardless he should still have turned Dunkley down. A quarter of his contracted games will soon have passed him by!

He managed to get Flint when he realised Dunkley wasn't going to do anything any time soon, perhaps he wasn't looking in the right places.

I expect us to sign a striker in January. Monk failed to do that, or try to keep any that we had despite being aware of the impending situation that we are now in since  Janaury. 

Edited by Guest