POST MATCH REACTION THREAD

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Almost isn't good enough.

That's true, but we didn't expect to go there and win either. If we keep playing like this and add better players who fit the system more effectively then I can see us being a force in this league with Pulis. I'd be devastated if we started driving him out after 6 months of trying to turn us around, never mind 6 weeks without any real opportunity to change anything to this point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm not sure what to think tbh!

The squad is poor, but we aren't going to win games playing like that.

Far too defensive, letting teams come on to us too much.

Need to press higher up the pitch!

But I'm not sure we have the players to do it.

Next four games are make or break for us this season!

Exactly why we don’t do it.

I think we have to play defensive against top of the league teams with the current squad, much as I’d like to see us press more. Thought we played well. Hopefully a good signing or two in January will help.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

5 games without a win under Pulis. No strikers in the squad, but we cannot defend our way to safety. 

The squad is poor and not good enough to stay up. 

Look who we have played

Yea its annoying, yea its frustrating..but ANY manager would struggle with this squad.....you could put one o the South stand elephants in charge...Pulis needs the TIME!

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Do you see me laughing?

No, but I am at that comment. 

How a few days can change people’s opinions on a manager. 

Everyone saying on Wednesday night we would have capitulated under monk. Not an entirely accurate summary because they should have had several penalties. But i see what they mean. 

Sometimes you just have to accept that some times refereeing decisions can cost us games.

Just now, Sefton owl said:

No, but I am at that comment. 

How a few days can change people’s opinions on a manager. 

Everyone saying on Wednesday night we would have capitulated under monk. Not an entirely accurate summary because they should have had several penalties. But i see what they mean. 

Sometimes you just have to accept that some times refereeing decisions can cost us games.

Come on now...

Refereeing decisions didn't lose us that game

Owlstalk Shop

Nothing worse than getting turned over late in a game. We cope with pressure appallingly. First experience of the players weak mentality for Pulis. I actually trust him to deal with it. The fixtures for the rest of the month are perfect for getting some points. If we don’t win a game this month we are going down. A couple of wins, some new faces in Jan & we will be fine

• Tactics were spot on for an hour. Norwich were visibly frustrated at half-time and we built on the foundations at the start of the 2nd
  • Windass hasn't played for a while so understandable that he went off but change was too negative
  • Pelupessy scores and we win the game
  • Palmer switches off for first goal, not for the first time caught ball watching/slow to respond
  • Van Aken yet again, body position and lack of speed in moving his weight finds him caught out
  • Wildsmith slow to come out for both goals

Good performance for 75 minutes but points are needed, we should be looking at 5 minimum and expecting more like 6, 7 or 9 from the next 3 if we are going to get out of this mess. 

Guest whowantstoberich

Robbed by the ref unfortunately.

Overall we are playing better by the game and its all going in the right direction.

It would have been 2-0 owls if we didn’t get 5 shocking game changing decisions by the ref.

I don't care what anyone says, we played well and we were unlucky.  Ref making ridiculous decisions.  The second challenge on Harris wasn't a penalty but the first looked like it was nailed on.  Around half a dozen fouls given to Norwich when they should have gone to us and a couple resulted in unjustified yellow cards.  We obviously need forward s to convert chances and a left-back to support Reach but that was a great performance considering the players we had available.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dan™ said:

That's true, but we didn't expect to go there and win either. If we keep playing like this and add better players who fit the system more effectively then I can see us being a force in this league with Pulis. I'd be devastated if we started driving him out after 6 months of trying to turn us around, never mind 6 weeks without any real opportunity to change anything to this point.

He hasn't changed a single thing.  Same mentality as before don't lose n defend. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1