POST MATCH REACTION THREAD

11 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

Squad is weak.

Players switch off constantly.

Players aren't intelligent footballers.

The whole side is poor at tracking back.

We cant rely on the odd counter attack goal or set piece to score enough to keep us up.

Best thing we can do in the summer is release literally everyone out of contract and start again.

Out of all th he games so far I don't see this the 1 to be negative. We gave a good team a good game. Norwich was lucky to win. 

8 minutes ago, Daz said:

Best performance of the season for me. Organized, hard working, committed and could easily have had a penalty to put the game out of reach. Just wish we could have held on and we definitely deserved more out of that game. Always had a threat going forward and should have scored more than one.

Absolutely Daz...deserved a point at least and had more shots on target than league leaders Norwich. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now...

Refereeing decisions didn't lose us that game

You are correct but they helped Norwich more than us.  The first "penalty" challenge on Harris looked nailed on - it's interesting that we didn't see a replay because controversial decisions don't get a replay.  If that's a penalty then they afre down to 10 men and we have a chance to score.   

Every week it’s either 2 or 3 points thrown away. It’s soooo painful!! Don’t think blaming the manager is the absolute answer though. He’s inherited a poor squad who probably are playing their best. It’s just not good enough at this level. Let’s hope January brings some positive and fruitful changes - and a centre forward!!! Keep the faith. 

UP THE OWLS!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The silver lining if there is one, it’s another nail in Pulis’s coffin

You are joking right? 

Pulis made his name getting teams out of the poo and getting them safe. We are an extremely poor team with almost no attacking ability. If Pulis can not get us safe, no one will.

Turn you anger away from Pulis and even the team, because the players now are playing to the best of their limited ability, they are just not good enough.

Your anger should be directed towards the person who has put us in this mess, by wasting the player budget, not sticking to P&S, picking fights with the EFL and not investing in the academy. 

Edited by Stevelknievel
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Good performance,  away from home against the league leaders. Realky enjoyed watching the game, even tho we lost. Their commentators thought we had the win. Unlucky in the end, needed the second. Top effort again from the players. We can all see we have deficiencies in ball retention up front.

Looking forward to the next sequence of games, I'm confident we will now start to pick up results.

Thank you Pieman for saving me from typing the same comments. 
I think Norwich will feel they got out of jail and picked up points they probably didn’t deserve. 
I genuinely believe that playing like we did today will get results against bottom half teams. 

• Like 3

It was a good performance but let's be honest whenever a Wednesday side goes 1 up and then try and defend the lead you almost can guarantee what happens. I have 46 years of experience in that respect as evidence.

We have however played the top teams in the league so seeing how we go in the next few games will be interesting to see. 

Want to see less defensive approach and more taking it to the opposition 

Going out on a limb here and without a shadow of a doubt WE were the better team.

Completely robbed today. Kadeem was on fire and the ref is either blind, racist, or a Norwich fan to disregard 2 blatant penalties!

Them f**kers clearly had it in for Odubajo too and I know heard some racist words from them fans 

Bannon at 26 mins to 29 mins played some world class footwork moving it to Windass etc

Anyway. I'm not put off and we are doing all the right stuff and let's get behind em eh.

Rant over .   UTO!

• Like 2

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Thank you Pieman for saving me from typing the same comments. 
I think Norwich will feel they got out of jail and picked up points they probably didn’t deserve. 
I genuinely believe that playing like we did today will get results against bottom half teams. 

Let's be clear we HAVE to get points against those teams -

Calling out the ref or the fact it was Norwich are by the by. Yep great if things had gone our way. But fact of matter was we were 0-1 up well into the second half and on comes a sixth defender. That's the main point here. We have history of not being able to cope when pushed back. What if the two late attacking subs had come on after our goal and not Palmer? This notion of sitting deep with bodies in there??? Its not in our strengths. Or we could have kept it the same.... 

We got 0 points.

That's all that matters now. How we played today means only that we are given some hope that things can improve.
But I've seen hope in our eyes at S6 for far too many years. And hope has got us nowhere.

We have been that poor recently, that merely looking like an organised team has people wetting themselves with excitement

I don't care how we get em, but we need to start picking up wins.

We lost. We got nothing.  That's all that matters.

• Like 2