POST MATCH REACTION THREAD

Probably one of our better performances under TP.

Lack of quality up top is certainly showing.  

That Pelupessy chance, if it was another player, that chance probably goes in.

That first challenge also on Harris, you could argue should have been a penalty.

At times, we have more than held our own against some of the best teams in the division.  

Still think there were plenty of positives to take from the game.  

• Like 2

Just now, mkowl said:

It permits them to camp round our box, always risking a good ball, deflection, mistake that is less likely if they are 20 yards up the pitch.

Pulis not winning me over with his substitutions

100%. Not in our toolkit to do so. So get up the pitch more and get it in areas to take pressure off. 

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Were you saying the ref was terrible in our last match when we clearly should have given 3 penalties away?

No but if i was a reading fan i would have.

Nothing much more to say.

No wins for Tony Pulis.  Less than a point a game.  He has less points in 5 games as Monk did in his last 2 games.

We have gone backwards badly. 

We were on course to stay up under Monk.  We are on course to go down under Tony Pulis.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Guest whowantstoberich

I think it is pretty clear that them being at home with fans swayed the referee today, he cost us that game from the pressure of the home fans. Unfair advantage.

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

I think it is pretty clear that them being at home with fans swayed the referee today, he cost us that game from the pressure of the home fans. Unfair advantage.

So now it's their FANS that won the game for them?

We just need the length of the grass, and the funny tasting water in the water bottles and we've got a full house of crackpot crybaby theories

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, Andrew6666 said:

It's evened itself up, just. We played well today for the majority of the game. 

Yes we did, we matched them that’s for sure, but as is so often the case these days, the officials chose the result.

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, @owlstalk said:

So now it's their FANS that won the game for them?

We just need the length of the grass, and the funny tasting water in the water bottles and we've got a full house of crackpot crybaby theories

They had a water break as well when there player wanted a hamstring massage at pitch side, why wasn’t we given a water break?

6 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

No one had confidence that it would ever come good with Jos though. With Pulis you know what he wants and you can see how he's trying to get us there.

There are signs of a team who can compete with the best in the league already, but this run of games has been a bit crap where we've not really been expected to win any of them going into the game. Now there's sadly more pressure to win the 'easier' games. Can't wait to get this season out of the way. If Pulis is still here in the summer then I expect us to be comfortably top half and challenging next year.

I like your confidence but I have absolutely none that it will come good. Absolutely terrible football and he will leave a squad no one can do anything with. 

This is the man who lost to villa in the play offs without scoring over two legs, he had downing, traore, assombalonga, gestede and bamford and they're just the ones I recall. He never went with more than one up front despite needing a goal. He's a relic, stubborn, defensive and having listened to him and read quite a few interviews over the years a right tw4y in the Allardyce, brazil, redknapp mould. 

Want him gone yesterday

Big improvement over Monk in terms of intent and style. If you can’t see it you don’t know what to look for.

Squad is missing some quality players.

Not sure about shout for a pen...I think they would have got it if other way around.

Pelupessy sitter goes in and we win. Pelupessy doesn’t come on we might have won.

We need some players in and Pulis knows where...hopefully knows who as well.

I called it with Iorfa in midfield months ago. He’s raw but there’s something there to work on. Could do with asking Carlton Palmer to talk to him for a while.

Reach very good (again)...couple of issues when defending but up for it today.

Baz, flicks aside, was mixed again 5/10 past few games. Might be past his best now.

Disappointing today but better.

• Like 2

Before kick off today most fans would have taken a point from the team at the top of the league.  That we contained them and with a little bit of luck would have won. There was the yellow card against Odubaju, which clearly limits him, the first penalty shout on Harris and the Pelupessy miss all had an impact in the game.

The team played as a team defended well and broke well and looked much better than of late.  Questioning the substitutions is really not taking into account the players  were returning from time out. Additionally having Harris up front rather than Windass left Norwich facing a bit of pace as we cleared the ball

All in all while disappointing to lose 2 goals in the last 5 minutes the overall performance gives something to be positive about

• Like 5