Swansea City vs. Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Can't see us getting owt toneyt. 

0-1 reach screamer. 

You don't seem to agree with yourself lol

Thanks for a great OMDT, Snoots!

Up the Owls!

Oh - I've had coffee and a good midweek matchday thread read, also in another thread pointed out we won on a Wednesday in fact this year, so hah! 😉 Anyway, like Drew here, I don't see us getting much tonight.

0-1 win due to Luongo battling a goal in!

And then we concede the usual 90th+ equaliser... so 1-1.:duntmatter:

A bit like the Bournemouth game (hopefully) one we’re probably not expecting to win, but we need to because we  failed to beat Preston on Saturday See Preston lost at home again last night, meaning we are still the only side they’ve taken points off at Deepdale

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A bit like the Bournemouth game (hopefully) one we’re probably not expecting to win, but we need to because we  failed to beat Preston on Saturday See Preston lost at home again last night, meaning we are still the only side they’ve taken points off at Deepdale

We had a man sent off in the 17th minute.

I’m not normally into the stats when it comes to making predictions but for today I think it’s time to make an exception.

Goals over 12 league games:

Sheffield Wednesday goals scored 6, goals conceded 11

Swansea City FC goals scored  14, goals conceded 7

Can’t see us scoring against the second best defence in the division, particularly given our attacking ‘options’ and dog poo set piece delivery. 

Can we stop them scoring? I guess it depends when in the match we have someone sent off. 
If we can keep 11 on the pitch for the full 90 with no one carted off injured and with no suicidal goalkeeping or insane defensive errors we might keep a clean sheet or keep them down to one. 

But as ever I’m looking forward to the game!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brommers said:

Not won on a Wednesday since 2007, wow that's frightening. Maybe we need to change our name. Suggestions anyone?

Wednesday 26th February this year

Us 1:0 Charlton.

So we haven't won on a Wednesday for 9 months.

Tough game tonite, Swansea look a decent team

We are so short of quality and numbers that I don't think we can afford to go with an expansive style. 

I would probably go something like this with the players that are available, with the remit of the 4 forward midfield players including Bannan getting in the box supporting Rhodes.

Westwood

Palmer.                    Lees.                            Borner.              Penney

Luongo

Harris.                      Paterson.                  Bannan.                Reach

Rhodes

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This is what we hired Pulis for, to help us win these sort of games against the odds and steer us clear of the relegation spots

Agreed but it would Be better if we could get a few points from the teams that will around the bottom of the table.

We have just handed over 9 points to our relegation rivals on a silver platter.