Swansea City vs. Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

Fair result. We were much better first half, they were much better second. We created a couple of dangerous-looking situations on the break in the second half but just didn’t have that added bit of pace and quality to take advantage. So much more well-organised though, much better football as well especially that first half

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Shaw looked quite imposing in the midfield. If he builds some confidence to drive forward with the ball and be an offensive threat, we could have a player on our hands.

Agree with this, not looked out if place in any of his appearances so far. Certainly not afraid to put a foot in and looks to be progressing well. Next step for him is to be a regular on the bench. 

Just now, Dunkstar said:

Agree with this, not looked out if place in any of his appearances so far. Certainly not afraid to put a foot in and looks to be progressing well. Next step for him is to be a regular on the bench. 

He could be starting soon after that display, very impressive to say he came on when Swansea were really pressing us 

A great point against one of the better teams in this league.

We were very well organised and hard working.

We almost completely nullified them in the first half and a great move for our goal.

Odubajo pick of the bunch for me and thought young Shaw did well when he came on.

We do desperately need a much bigger threat upfront, but considering those available, we did all that can be expected.

UTO!

As happy as I can be with that. Never thought we’d score against second tightest defence in the League and once Ayew came on thought it was game over. Obviously he scored but I wasn’t terrified for the whole second half. 
Clearly up front is an ongoing problem and will be until Jan. 

We can blame Van Aken if it makes us feel better for their goal and yes he was crap but it’s a bit of a mismatch isn’t it? Van Aken v Ayew 😂
Pulis ball is what it is. It isn’t alway pretty but it can be attacking and the team looked something like organised. 
I think we might stay up. 
I also think I might not hate every minute of it 👍

• Like 1

Yes Van Aken gave Ayew too much space but Luongo could have got goal side by chasing back.  Instead he just stood and watched.

Overall though, a much better performance and signs that Pulis is getting them more organised.

A little light at the end of the tunnel.

Few observations. 

Good first half, even if we look unimpressive up front. 

Solid shift from lads overall.

Reach good tonight, glad to see him grab a goal, he really is in our top 3 players if we can utilise him, hope it helps his confidence. 

Patterson may not be technically gifted but he worked in midfield, as did Moses.

There's no way Patterson is 26. 

The Swansea manager looks like he escaped from the set of a Deliverance sequel/be selling meth out of a shack in a Jason Statham Netflix film, all he needs us dungarees (sorry, he's a good manager though).

Bannan may not always be on it but he's so good on the ball. 

(Drops mic)

Edited by DeBilde'sTea

9 hours ago, Nick the Owl said:

Massive shame we haven't got Joao still. 

I was thinking the very same thing during the game. 
Rhodes huffed and puffed but unfortunately he has zero pace. We’re not playing his sort of “ Fox in the box” game at the at the moment. The other guy...Chewbacker, was so anonymous that I’ve forgotten his name.

Having said that I thought that it was a really good performance , especially given the injury list.