PRESTON vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Post Match Reaction

Guest Bulgaria

That was up there with one of the lamest attacking performances I've seen in 40 years.

We are absolutely dog dirt.

Over reaction?   Maybe.

Guest Willow Owl

Defensively we were very good, Lees, Borner were excellent. Can’t really judge going forward as down to ten men early on, But no shots is a concern though. 
Westwood ( I mean  saviour ) glaring error. Should never have started very unfair on Wildsmith. 

We played more than 70 minutes with 10

men and lost 1-0. Defensively I think we’ll

hold our own and despite his error today Westwood will win us more points than he costs us over the course of the rest of the season.

Our problems are further up the pitch. I can’t believe the sh!te Monk signed and I bet Pulis can’t. I think Pulis will do a Megson and stop the rot and get a solid platform in place but it won’t be enough for some and some will still feel

Monk was hard done by?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great effort which was needed after a poor sending off where the ten men battled for and deserved at least a point.

Preston lucky after Westy slipped just before he punched the ball out to the Wednesday  lads waiting ready to pounce once more rapidly on the break.  

He hasn’t played for a year tho’ ‘cause of Munk so will need a bit of time to settle back in before he is worth at least 10-15 points to us now he’s back.

Unlucky Wednesday!

• Like 1

We could still be playing now with Preston sat in the changing rooms and still not score.

I know footballers don’t have “normal” jobs, however there are no consequences. Play poor, again and again, get dropped and still pick up thousands in wages. It’s no wonder they don’t give a throw.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

hold our own and despite his error today Westwood will win us more points than he costs us over the course of the rest of the season.

Our problems are further up the pitch. I can’t believe the sh!te Monk signed and I bet Pulis can’t. I think Pulis will do a Megson and stop the rot and get a solid platform in place but it won’t be enough for some and some will still feel

Monk was hard done by?

Spot on

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

It's like people just sit waiting to press 'send' on the Bannan criticisms

Soon as the ref blows his whistle they're off

He was not his best today in all honesty.

A corner that bounced before it hit the first man? The flick that wasn’t towards the end?

As others have said though he is our only creative player. When he’s off we have very little chance.

Feels like Groundhog Day.

What a load of crap that was.

The players won’t have impressed TP one bit. He needs to shout and throw tea cups. Stop the after match sandwiches.

Bannan’s performance was shambolic. Westwood’s punch was pathetic. 

New manager and they continue to play like they don’t care, probably don’t.

Shake it up TP. Smash em up a bit. Don’t accept that level of performance, even with 10 men.

Ref needs putting out to grass too (not on football pitches though). He was shocking. 

Relegation battle all season, all the way. We’re not improving, and have a crap squad of non-battling lightweights. 

• Like 1

Just now, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I thought that when we got relegated from the Prem in 2000. We haven't been back since.

I get your point, but we're going nowhere fast.  It's gonna need us to employ a manager,  who can ignite the players and fans, with an actual vison and a  5 year plan.   They need to be given time.  The club needs to be honest about where we are and how we're gonna change long term.  A plan for infrastructure, an identity on and off the pitch, and some soul searching from out chairman, as to whether he can provide what we need. The longer we keep signing poo and employing the usual suspects for managers, we're doomed to this shitshow. 

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Monk was hard done by?

Under Monk we used to have shots on target

How many did we have today Jim?

(BTW - we had 25% possession overall - lower than ANY game under Monk)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I think we only put 11 players on the pitch because technically we have to, as a football team. Although you can start a game with less, we are at least getting that decision just about right.

As for anything beyond that I haven't the faintest idea what our game plan is. We are a football team in the loosest sense, and have been for a good while now.

Not good enough.

IT's time for him to go.

He's had 5 days.

With these world class players ...

...and  days in the job..

... we should have smashed these with our ten men

and whats more .

... we should have thrashed them with a brand of scintillating stylish football that is the envy of the world... 

People will make excuses....but frankly. 

It's time for him to pack his bags.

etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don’t think you can blame the manager today, leave that until the Swansea game at least.

Windass was brainless, that was end of game.

How can one team collect as many shithouses as Preston.

An obnoxious , horrible manager and players to match.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Under Monk we used to have shots on target

How many did we have today Jim?

(BTW - we had 25% possession overall - lower than ANY game under Monk)

What was the possession stat before we went down to 10 men?

and I seem to remember under monk we had Luongo sent off at a similar time against Blackburn and lost 5-0 at home.   

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1