PRESTON vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Post Match Reaction

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Inherited a team that had broken the record for most points in a week and had beaten the league favourites for promotion.

And lost to Luton, Rotherham, Wycombe. Three on the bounce. 

Just now, Jim said:

But Windass f**ked  up the game plan Neil. Straight away he had to push Paterson up top despite not thinking he’s a forward.

Luongo will be a big player for us. Borner will be a better player for having Westwood in goal. He’ll soon realise he can’t rely on Odubajo and Reach and he’ll soon sort us out, of that I am sure but as I disagreed with the Monk lovers, some will disagree with me on this. Let’s see where we are at Christmas.

Very unlucky with the red though and Pewlis will have to have a word with some of the team about their over-aggression at times.

Fine line between passion and violence.  

11 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

No he is’nt,   Wild smith is slightly better than Dawson, but they’re both league one goalies

Played 1, mistake 1, let in 1, lost by 1, cost us 1 point.

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

We played more than 70 minutes with 10

men and lost 1-0. Defensively I think we’ll

hold our own and despite his error today Westwood will win us more points than he costs us over the course of the rest of the season.

Our problems are further up the pitch. I can’t believe the sh!te Monk signed and I bet Pulis can’t. I think Pulis will do a Megson and stop the rot and get a solid platform in place but it won’t be enough for some and some will still feel

Monk was hard done by?

I supported Monk while he was here, he's gone now so let's forget him. Ancient history let's move on.

It's now about what sort of a tune TP can get from our misfits to try to keep us up. He needs to find a way to put points on the board.

Odubajo, looks up as he dribbles with the ball, sees a ball free, running through on the right. Pass I said, we could be through here. So he continues his dribble, tries to cut in, and loses the ball. Just the sort of play TP wants to see.

Don’t do themselves any favours do they?

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I agree with every word. Trouble is a lot of our fans don't have that level of patience and will try and hound a manager out after 6-7 games if they haven't turned us round.

I think you're right sadly.

I do think tho, that if the club just came out and said, "this is where we are, it's gonna take time, this is the plan.  We'll reassess in three years, but we need you to be patient", a lot of fans would appreciate the honesty and show a little more patience.

Its the false dawns and insane belief we're competitive at this level, that's hard for the fans to swallow.  It's time for us as a club to take a long hard look ourselves.  The chairman, the management/coaching staff, the players (I will not defend any of them, so inconsistent, down to a man), and the fans.

Honestly, play the kids, let them develop, maybe find a gem or two that we can sell on,  go down, sell everyone we can, employ a young manager who plays decent football and who has an identity in their playing style.  And lets rebuild.  Sick of the same old rubbish week in week out.

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Sure thing.

when we lost the game due to a goalkeeping error by our goalkeeper. A goalkeeper who the manager decided to play despite being out 5th choice goalkeeper, 36 years old and hasn’t trained with the team for a year.

thats the managers fault whichever way you cut it.

Very harsh.

#pray4westy

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Odubajo, looks up as he dribbles with the ball, sees a ball free, running through on the right. Pass I said, we could be through here. So he continues his dribble, tries to cut in, and loses the ball. Just the sort of play TP wants to see.

Don’t do themselves any favours do they?

Player free, not ball free.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

And we usually got d!ck5d. We didn’t today or is 1-0 an hammering

these days?

Monk faced the same situations and performances on the pitch, we would lose 1:0 and yet would have had more than 26% possession and would have had at least one shot on target?

Owlstalk Shop

Wycombe- zero points, zero cleansheets, Wednesday come to town 

Preston-no win at home since July, Wednesday come to town 

Sheffield Wednesday the team that keeps giving 

• Like 1

This is genuinely the poorest attack we have had in my 28 years of watching Wednesday. Even during the darkest days in 2003 we had Ndumbu Nsungu who we could look to to grab us a goal

Rhodes has completely forgotten how to play football 

Windass is a midfielder 

Kachunga isn’t really a striker 

Paterson isn’t a striker

Marriot is a poor mans Sam Winnall 

Sheeite

• Like 3