PRESTON vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Post Match Reaction

1 hour ago, Mus said:

That's what puzzles me, how we sit back whoever we're playing.

When at home we should be all out attack from the start, it's just crazy.

Good keeper/two commanding centre halves/midfield animal.

You need those to let the dog out.

Not only is that quartet deficient here, but we've no longer a dog to let out.

And even when we had, Carlos wasn't confident enough in those four to let it off the leash.

What did we used to say? Top six up front, bottom six at the back.

Now we're bottom six top to bottom.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

we need some horrible players. 

Agreed. We are one of the nicest, unobtrusive, sporting, fairest teams around, yet we keep getting red cards for yellow card offences. Last "horrible" player we had was Chris Maguire. We never learn. PNE dive, cheat, waste time, con the ref, moan, yet get more penalties than us. Nice guys win nothing.

14 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Yep that's the problem right there. 

Not our inept chairman or his advisors, not the crap managers he keeps appointing who in turn keep buying useless players???

It's definitely the fans who cannot even attend the games fault for being disgruntled on a football forum.

Give me strength FFS

If you read what I actually said I said problems within our fanbase, which excludes reference to or comparison to any other problem area. 

You’ve added that yourself.

Just because I commented about one area of divisiveness in our fanbase, doesn’t mean I don’t think the biggest problems are how the clubs been run, lack of quality in our squad or any of that. 

5 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

To be fair Neil, Monk had a year (with better players at his disposal) Pulis, although not my choice has had 1 week (1 game with worse players at his disposal).

Well of course and I'm only  being semi-serious

I was just thinking just now about the infrastructure and support at the club for the managers

In Carlos' first season we had our most successful season of recruitment when we went spendageddon crazy and the agents were laughing their socks off and rolling around in the cash we threw at them.

After that our recruitment has regressed, got worse year on year month on month 

So really - since the chairman came we've had one good recruitment spell right at the start and even then we really only copped for players coming for a big final pay day etc

Overall our recruitment has been horrific.

Like really really REALLY bad

Not that we're the only club that's been this way - just that I can't think of any part of the Chairman's time with us that the recruitment has been 'good' or above.

So something's wrong

Is Pulis going to be allowed to change that?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

How poor was Bannan today. Very is the answer. Same for Moses. Useless player 

The Bannan worship can be puzzling. Whenever we are on Sky the pundits always pick him out for pre match adulation and if we win he’s usually scored the penalty or provided the assist .Strange how he can’t take a corner.

I think that he is symptomatic of our delusions... if he’s the jewel in the Wednesday crown then we are a VERY average side, at best.

Borner was outstanding. I thought it was a really good performance from him. Bannan was poor - he wouldn’t have impressed Tony. We look a better team with Massino in the team. Happy about going to a 4-1-4-1 formation. Stupid challenge from Windass and it was a deserved red. Tony will be looking at this thinking we are in desperate need of a striker as we haven’t got a natural frontman on our books apart from Rhodes and you can forget him. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I was just thinking just now about the infrastructure and support at the club for the managers

In Carlos' first season we had our most successful season of recruitment when we went spendageddon crazy and the agents were laughing their socks off and rolling around in the cash we threw at them.

So really - since the chairman came we've had one good recruitment spell right at the start and even then we really only copped for players coming for a big final pay day etc

Not that we're the only club that's been this way - just that I can't think of any part of the Chairman's time with us that the recruitment has been 'good' or above.

So something's wrong

Pulis won't be allowed to change it, he won't be here long enough. This chairman has shown time and again he doesn't or refuses to learn from past mistakes. He uses the same advisors who have proven to be incapable of doing the job. Wasn't Roeder and a few others here when we got Carlos and our better players (Wallace, Hooper, Bannan ect). This Paxo fella seems to be the only man who benefits from being here, the chairman or fans certainly don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Pulis won't be allowed to change it, he won't be here long enough. This chairman has shown time and again he doesn't or refuses to learn from past mistakes. He uses the same advisors who have proven to be incapable of doing the job. Wasn't Roeder and a few others here when we got Carlos and our better players (Wallace, Hooper, Bannan ect). This Paxo fella seems to be the only man who benefits from being here, the chairman or fans certainly don't.

But would Pulis have come here if that be true?

By all accounts he had to be persuaded to take the job.

I don't see Pulis as the kind of bloke who'd not be allowed to select his own players.

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But would Pulis have come here if that be true?

By all accounts he had to be persuaded to take the job.

I don't see Pulis as the kind of bloke who'd not be allowed to select his own players.

I thought Pulis was friends with stuffing man?

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So something's wrong

The thing is that when Chansiri arrived he wanted to give the fans what they wanted.

So we got a new pitch, a new scoreboard and a new manager.

Fans had chuntered about Gray's style of play (even though it was what had kept us up and got us to mid-table), so Carlos duly arrived.

His brief was brio, excitement, open, attacking football ... at least when it didn't matter.

The next season was all about promotion, and the penny soon dropped that whilst we had an array of attacking talent, we weren't exactly flush in the defensive department.

So Carlos covered up, and we never really got the best out of our forwards.

And because we'd bought to entertain, we didn't really have the type of players suited to a Karanka-esque style of play.

We should have kept Gray, because he built the nucleus of the team.

We'd got the second-best defensive record in the league, and all we needed was better firepower/more options up front.

It was we, the fans, who helped Gray get his marching orders.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is that when Chansiri arrived he wanted to give the fans what they wanted.

So we got a new pitch, a new scoreboard and a new manager.

Fans had chuntered about Gray's style of play (even though it was what had kept us up and got us to mid-table), so Carlos duly arrived.

His brief was brio, excitement, open, attacking football ... at least when it didn't matter.

The next season was all about promotion, and the penny soon dropped that whilst we had an array of attacking talent, we weren't exactly flush in the defensive department.

So Carlos covered up, and we never really got the best out of our forwards.

And because we'd bought to entertain, we didn't really have the type of players suited to a Karanka-esque style of play.

We should have kept Gray, because he built the nucleus of the team.

We'd got the second-best defensive record in the league, and all we needed was better firepower/more options up front.

It was we, the fans, who helped Gray get his marching orders.

Don't agree it was the fans who got Gray his marching orders. The fans felt Gray had done a good job and were keen to see just what he could achieve if he had the money to build his own team. Unfortunately for Gray as when most new owners come in they like to bring in their own people, the fans accepted this was DCs perogative even if they didn't agree with it.