PRESTON vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Post Match Reaction

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Need a goal so on comes Pelupessy. Think that says a hell of a lot about Pulis. 

Lluongo was running on empty after his injury. Was the right decision.

Just now, Django said:

This is genuinely the poorest attack we have had in my 28 years of watching Wednesday. Even during the darkest days in 2003 we had Ndumbu Nsungu who we could look to to grab us a goal

Rhodes has completely forgotten how to play football 

Windass is a midfielder 

Kachunga isn’t really a striker 

Paterson isn’t a striker

Marriot is a poor mans Sam Winnall 

Sheeite

It's the worst Championship squad we have ever assembled in our entire history

I'm being deadly serious too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We always lose to Preston.

Even when we're going for promotion with a side full of quality, we always lose to Preston.

It's the way of things.

Prior to the appointment of Pulis, there were two schools of thought:

(a) we are a decent side and it was all Monk's fault

(b) we're a bob side and it will be a struggle for any manager

I believed it is (b) which is why I wanted Monk out and Pulis in.

Because there are only a handful of managers capable of keeping this stinking midden of a team in the division, and Pulis is one of them.

This isn't his team and you can't judge him on one game.

One thing's for sure, he'll be a lot clearer about this outfit than he was three hours ago.

The quality's been flogged off and we're down to the bare bones.

I’d agree that we have a poor, unbalanced squad and, as Monk had shown no signs of getting the most out of them, no surprise DC went for an experienced manager like Pulis. It won’t be pretty watching him try to turn our fortunes around.

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not good enough.

IT's time for him to go.

He's had 5 days.

With these world class players ...

...and  days in the job..

... we should have smashed these with our ten men

and whats more .

... we should have thrashed them with a brand of scintillating stylish football that is the envy of the world... 

People will make excuses....but frankly. 

It's time for him to pack his bags.

etc

Not TP's fault, he needs time to find a way to  pick up points with this squad. I suspect we will bring in a few new ones in January. Hopefully cheap quality players. I'm hoping his contacts let him find them.

It's going to seem like a longtime until new year.

21 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Thought Windass was doing OK before he got himself sent off. From then on, it was always going to be backs against the wall.

I thought Westwood slipped, which forced him to punch that ball rather than catch it. Probably was a mistake by him but by no means a howler.

Thought Bannan was poor. Centre halves played well and thought JVA did OK in the first half. All that said, not sure you can read too much into the game given we played 70+ minutes with 10 men.

Hallelujah. The voice of balanced reason in a cacophony of knee jerk negativity and nonsense 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk faced the same situations and performances on the pitch, we would lose 1:0 and yet would have had more than 26% possession and would have had at least one shot on target?

Pulis has pedigree and lasts longer in jobs than two minutes. If we’re in a worse position come the end of the season then I’ll hold my hand up but I believe that Pulis is a good appointment for where we are.

• Like 1

4 sendings off in 6 games.

Difficult to judge a manager in these circumstances. Let's see how we get on against Swansea (without Windass of course, so there's the excuse straight away).

I still don't know how any manager can conjure up something from this bunch of forwards and midfielders (none of whom score goals). Surely he'll have to play Rhodes against Swansea. Let's hope he scores cos he'll get some right pelters if he doesn't.

Just now, Jim said:

Pulis has pedigree and lasts longer in jobs than two minutes.  

We lost

We had 26% posession - lower than ANY game Monk was in charge of

We had ZERO shots on target - lower than ANY game Monk was in charge of
Our keeper gave the ball to their striker to score

And one of our players got sent off after just 15 minutes for karate kicking a player in the throat

Let's hope you're right mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I wouldn’t mind the red cards if we were piling into every challenge  in an effort to take the games to the opponents. But we’re not doing that. We’re getting players sent off for stupid naive challenges. Today was another example to add to those of Harris Lees and Van Aken in recent weeks. Windass taking down a bouncing ball  with a boot at chest height with clear sight of the of the rushing player and right in front of the ref defies logic.

This reckless behaviour cost us a game that was there for the taking against yet another very ordinary team today.

How we can part with a player like Hutchinson and still be top of the red card listings defies understanding.

Something else on very long  Pulis to do listi

3 minutes ago, Django said:

This is genuinely the poorest attack we have had in my 28 years of watching Wednesday. Even during the darkest days in 2003 we had Ndumbu Nsungu who we could look to to grab us a goal

Rhodes has completely forgotten how to play football 

Windass is a midfielder 

Kachunga isn’t really a striker 

Paterson isn’t a striker

Marriot is a poor mans Sam Winnall 

Sheeite

If they give Rhodes another deal I'll go berserk!!!

Be interesting to see now if the way we played before Windass got sent off. Basically all behind the ball like we were playing Man City. Will need to stop doing that at least some of the time or we will never score and win games. I'm worried not how many we will lose now but how many draws. The loses my get less but the draws would send us down. With this squad we need loads of shots to score a goal. Can't do that hiding in our own half.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1