PRESTON vs SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Post Match Reaction

One of the biggest problems within our fanbase is the divide over players

Some back players like Westwood now, or Hutchinson FF etc of the past, yet others are almost willing them to fail and can’t wait to pile in when a mistake happens, because they’re bad people or whatever. 

Just utterly toxic.

• Haha 1

Just now, oldishowl said:

Don’t think you can blame the manager today, leave that until the Swansea game at least.

Windass was brainless, that was end of game.

How can one team collect as many shithouses as Preston.

An obnoxious , horrible manager and players to match.

we need some horrible players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

We played more than 70 minutes with 10

men and lost 1-0. Defensively I think we’ll

hold our own and despite his error today Westwood will win us more points than he costs us over the course of the rest of the season.

Our problems are further up the pitch. I can’t believe the sh!te Monk signed and I bet Pulis can’t. I think Pulis will do a Megson and stop the rot and get a solid platform in place but it won’t be enough for some and some will still feel

Monk was hard done by?

Spot on Jim.

Its the middle and attacking thirds he needs to concentrate on like the ones who try to play themselves through in triangles but with only 2 men....

• Like 1

Amazing that after 45 games people were saying ‘give Monk a chance’, ‘he needs his own staff’, ‘there are bad eggs in the team and he needs to sign his own players’ etc

Yet Pulis, who was not my first choice either, but nonetheless has had to pick up Monks absolutely insane formation and signings loses his first game 1-0 playoff by with 10 men and people are suicidal.

Monk would’ve lost that too so we’re in no worse a position.

The answer was sack Monk in March after the terrible pre lockdown form and the icing on the cake of the Brentford defeat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Thought when it got to 80 minutes we’d look to push players up to try and equalise, but we carried  on defending and leaving Rhodes to have absolutely no chance on his own marooned up top 

As soon as they scored it was over 

Welcome to the world of Pulisball. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

One of the biggest problems within our fanbase is the divide over players

Some back players like Westwood now, or Hutchinson FF etc of the past, yet others are almost willing them to fail and can’t wait to pile in when a mistake happens, because they’re bad people or whatever. 

Just utterly toxic.

I wouldn’t worry about it ‘cause those who everyone rows about give zerofucks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

I get your point, but we're going nowhere fast.  It's gonna need us to employ a manager,  who can ignite the players and fans, with an actual vison and a  5 year plan.   They need to be given time.  The club needs to be honest about where we are and how we're gonna change long term.  A plan for infrastructure, an identity on and off the pitch, and some soul searching from out chairman, as to whether he can provide what we need. The longer we keep signing poo and employing the usual suspects for managers, we're doomed to this shitshow. 

I agree with every word. Trouble is a lot of our fans don't have that level of patience and will try and hound a manager out after 6-7 games if they haven't turned us round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slow83 said:

Amazing that after 45 games people were saying ‘give Monk a chance’, ‘he needs his own staff’, ‘there are bad eggs in the team and he needs to sign his own players’ etc

Yet Pulis, who was not my first choice either, but nonetheless has had to pick up Monks absolutely insane formation and signings loses his first game 1-0 playoff by with 10 men and people are suicidal. 

Monk's teams had shots on target - FACT
Monk's teams never had 26% possession - FACT
Bag Eggs - we brought one back in today and how did HE do?

l

Owlstalk Shop