England men's fixtures omdt.

10 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Because grovelling on your knees in front of an organised mob of left-wing culture warriors who are using anti-racism in sport as a Trojan Horse for their massively illiberal and racist Critical Race Theory ideology is a terrible idea if you expect them to ever let you back on your feet again.

Did Qanon tell you that?

What a weapon.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Because grovelling on your knees in front of an organised mob of left-wing culture warriors who are using anti-racism in sport as a Trojan Horse for their massively illiberal and racist Critical Race Theory ideology is a terrible idea if you expect them to ever let you back on your feet again.

I'm going to start booing the minute silence we have around Remembrance Day I think. I think standing in silence in the face of an organised mob of right-wing nationalists who are using sport as a Trojan Horse for their massively illiberal and racist Nationalist Pride ideology is a terrible idea if I ever expect them to let me have my voice again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Mings performance shocked me given how bad he was in the 2 friendlies.

Philips outstanding. Sterling showed why he should always be in the side.

Solid enough performance and even though we are supposedly suspect defensively we continue to keep clean sheets.

Probably get slated for this given some previous posts but I think Rice is emerging as a quality defensive midfielder.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

The players have said why they’re kneeling. Why are you accusing them of lying? 

Excellent by england. 

how many England tournament games have we bemoaned our lack of technical quality vs opponents, always giving ball away.

today - none of that .

players looking very comfortable on the ball, able to play at different tempos, not afraid to take time to build up moves.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You are the one not understanding his point. He isn’t say they’re left wing extremists at all.

But he’s implying that taking a knee is kowtowing (or was it “grovelling” that he said) to left wing extremists when taking a knee clearly isn’t and means something completely different. I wasn’t being literal in my accusation towards him; I was attempting to make him realise that things aren’t as someone always assumes. 

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You are the one not understanding his point. He isn’t say they’re left wing extremists at all.

He is saying the footballers taking a knee are too naive to spot it is all apparently in the name of a left-wing culture agenda and they are saps for doing so.

Which is utterly ridiculous.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm going to start booing the minute silence we have around Remembrance Day I think. I think standing in silence in the face of an organised mob of right-wing nationalists who are using sport as a Trojan Horse for their massively illiberal and racist Nationalist Pride ideology is a terrible idea if I ever expect them to let me have my voice again. 

Exactly. That is just as ridiculous as the post you are quoting, the difference is you know how ridiculous it is while the other is actually using that as a means to justify booing taking the knee.

Thankfully it seems that only a small minority on here are either failing to grasp the reasons that the footballers keep repeating for taking the knee or just keep ignoring them because of a belief in some sort of ulterior motive that they are either party to or are too naive to notice they are contributing to.

Some of the excuses being presented for justifying booing beggar belief. 

I think e need to give huge praise to Southgate fur his rousing halftime speech with superbly identified extracts from Karl Marx seminal work Economic and Philosophic Manuscripts of 1844,

Reminding the players of their duties as trained Marxists was just what was needed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

But he’s implying that taking a knee is kowtowing (or was it “grovelling” that he said) to left wing extremists when taking a knee clearly isn’t and means something completely different. I wasn’t being literal in my accusation towards him; I was attempting to make him realise that things aren’t as someone always assumes. 

"Grovelling". He knows what he is doing. 

Not exiled enough would be my view. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Excellent by england. 

how many England tournament games have we bemoaned our lack of technical quality vs opponents, always giving ball away.

today - none of that .

players looking very comfortable on the ball, able to play at different tempos, not afraid to take time to build up moves.

Dominated possession against a possession-based team.

Started brilliantly and should have been in front early, we were never going to maintain the early pace but we did control the game until we took the lead and then contained them fairly comfortably.

If you can't be happy enough with that as a start then maybe some are expecting too much. 

30 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

People have explicitly explained why they are booing.

So there obviously IS a debate.

They are booing lies they are telling themselves

If they are that against a cause the players believe in then they should stay away

I thought you were impressive today in tough and hot conditions. You looked comfortable the whole game, never really looked like conceding, not a lot of quality going forward from either team but a cracking goal and Phillips did an excellent job for you in midfield. Great opening performance from England.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

HOW MANY FUUUUCKIN TIMES 

ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS 

I know racists aren’t the brightest tools in the shed but ffs how many times does it need explaining 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

I suspect that you find breathing as complicated as most normal people would find simultaneous equations.

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

HOW MANY FUUUUCKIN TIMES 

I know racists aren’t the brightest tools in the shed but ffs how many times does it need explaining 

I absolutely support taking a knee and I agree that it has nothing to do with politics but I don’t think we can assume that everyone that boos is a racist.

I believe the booing is driven by a narrative promoted and driven by racist organisations that taking a knee is supporting a Marxist organisation which the original BLM organisation was. BLM and taking a knee no longer means this as it has moved into the public domain and consciousness as a non-political strap line and action to highlight racial injustice, however, that doesn’t support the insidious narrative being peddled. 

The very nature of the accusation that anyone that takes a knee is kowtowing to a left wing organisation is ridiculous when you consider that over 100 millionaires do it every week in the Premier League. 

Just watch. Some silly fvvckwit will start accusing people in this thread who agree with taking a knee of being Marxists or Communists. 

15 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

HOW MANY FUUUUCKIN TIMES 

Yeah but ‘ALL LIVES MATTER!!!!!’