England men's fixtures omdt.

Perceptions are everything. I bet people look at Southgate from the outside and listen to his interviews and the way he comes across, and actually think he has a clue what he’s doing 

two holding midfielders at home to Scotland 

he will be our downfall 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Perceptions are everything. I bet people look at Southgate from the outside and listen to his interviews and the way he comes across, and actually think he has a clue what he’s doing 

two holding midfielders at home to Scotland 

he will be our downfall 

Negative Nigel in his element last night with his post match interview. Point gained, clean sheet, credit to Jox, we nearly qualified ffs

I do find the Sweaties celebrations a bit odd though.

Played 2, got 1 point & haven’t scored a goal with Croatia still to come 🤔

• Like 2

12 hours ago, scram said:

Could legit sub any of them apart from the keeper

First time he’s wobbled in a post match interview because he didn’t know how to make any changes to affect the game. Especially about getting service in to Kane. Rashford was clearly the wrong option because he needs space to run in behind & there wasn’t any! Put DCL on & crosses in, got a chance of the second ball then. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

First time he’s wobbled in a post match interview because he didn’t know how to make any changes to affect the game. Especially about getting service in to Kane. Rashford was clearly the wrong option because he needs space to run in behind & there wasn’t any! Put DCL on & crosses in, got a chance of the second ball then. 

This is what annoyed me.

Whatever it is we were trying clearly wasn’t working. The jocks sat deep and nullified the space in behind, the Rashford substitution optimises Southgate as a manager.   Absolutely no idea what he’s doing. 

The post match press conference as well. ‘If you’re not going to win it’s important not to lose’. We’re playing the 3rd lowest ranked team in the tournament Gareth. We want an explanation about why we’re not going to win! 

Complete and utter chancer who fluked a World Cup semi. Wasn’t a particularly good player and, he’s worse as a manager. 

• Like 4

It was like watching Wednesday a few years ago under Carlos in that second season. 

Sideways pass after sideways pass. 

No one willing to take a chance by playing a forward pass or going on a run. 

You pass it sideways that much the opposition are able to sit in, meaning there is little to no space. 

Oh, and Southgate's coat was crap. 

• Like 1

Watching SSN interview aidy boothroyd who is the worst u21 manager I can recall, defend the team and big up the performance while towing the line is painful. 

Set of yes men answering to a bunch of suits who are more interested in money then creating the best coaches and players they can 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Watching SSN interview aidy boothroyd who is the worst u21 manager I can recall, defend the team and big up the performance while towing the line is painful. 

Set of yes men answering to a bunch of suits who are more interested in money then creating the best coaches and players they can 

We can still finish first (win) second (draw) or third (lose) so congratulations to GS & all concerned, we've qualified.

We've managed to avoid being one of the 8 out of 24 that go home! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

I do find the Sweaties celebrations a bit odd though.

Played 2, got 1 point & haven’t scored a goal with Croatia still to come 🤔

This, they're just trolling cos they knew we'd be p@ssed off with a draw.  They had their day out in the capital, got totally wasted then arrested.

A few hundred years of persecution gives you a chip on your shoulder.  It was like watching Braveheart.

I don't think Scotland were better than us.  They looked more up for it and more energetic towards the end...but we controlled the match for large parts of it.  We were just screaming out for a burst of pace or imagination which never came.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

It was like watching Wednesday a few years ago under Carlos in that second season. 

Sideways pass after sideways pass. 

No one willing to take a chance by playing a forward pass or going on a run. 

You pass it sideways that much the opposition are able to sit in, meaning there is little to no space. 

Oh, and Southgate's coat was crap. 

The coat was a shocker. Usually so well attired but seemed like he had pulled that one out of the back of a musty wardrobe where it had not seen the light of day for a couple of decades. 

7 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

This, they're just trolling cos they knew we'd be p@ssed off with a draw.  They had their day out in the capital, got totally wasted then arrested.

A few hundred years of persecution gives you a chip on your shoulder.  It was like watching Braveheart.

I don't think Scotland were better than us.  They looked more up for it and more energetic towards the end...but we controlled the match for large parts of it.  We were just screaming out for a burst of pace or imagination which never came.

I don't think we can say we controlled the match for large parts when we didn't have any penetration. They created more chances than I expected and when we did have the ball they kept us at bay fairly comfortably, given the relative abilities and what was expected, I'd say that gave them more control. Having the ball doesn't equal control if your aim is to win but you struggle to create decent chances the more the game goes on.