England men's fixtures omdt.

20 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Might be just me, but I feel like I have no connection with these England players and dislike a few of them. 

I think it’s watching paint dry at times 

i quite like a few of them but don't think we will do that well.

9 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Decent from England

Rice stuck to his role and broke things up in front of the back.

Good goal by Sterling, Foden unlucky with his shot.

MoM for me was Harris. very impressive. Take him over Henderson on that.

Did expect more from Croatia, TBH.

Ref was OK. 1st half seemed to favour England a bit. The 2 games I've watched it seems refs are letting players play rather than blowing for minor things.

Agree with the bit about the ref. I thought he gave the game every chance to keep flowing but was certainly a little bias towards us at times.

On a more general point, honestly I do feel reconnected with this England team.  I think there is more emotional and tactical intelligence from this generation and they seem to be likeable guys too on the face of it. 

This is a welcome distraction from what is happening with our beloved club and I am really hopeful for the future.  This tournament will be too soon but I think we will be ready to at least get to a final within the next 6 years or so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Agree with the bit about the ref. I thought he gave the game every chance to keep flowing but was certainly a little bias towards us at times.

On a more general point, honestly I do feel reconnected with this England team.  I think there is more emotional and tactical intelligence from this generation and they seem to be likeable guys too on the face of it. 

This is a welcome distraction from what is happening with our beloved club and I am really hopeful for the future.  This tournament will be too soon but I think we will be ready to at least get to a final within the next 6 years or so.

Like that last paragraph NZO. 👍

Euro’s are a very welcome distraction from Covid & Wednesday strife.

Long may England continue in them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Decent from England

Rice stuck to his role and broke things up in front of the back.

Good goal by Sterling, Foden unlucky with his shot.

MoM for me was Harris. very impressive. Take him over Henderson on that.

Did expect more from Croatia, TBH.

Ref was OK. 1st half seemed to favour England a bit. The 2 games I've watched it seems refs are letting players play rather than blowing for minor things.

Harris? Eh? 

• Haha 1

Reyt...had the pleasure of watching this in the flesh yesterday.

Philips MOM for me. Have to say I thought Mings had a very good game too.

Deserved win for England. Largely controlled the game.

I thought we played pretty well, controlled the game at times. Created the better chances. Croatia are experienced and talented enough to cause us problems but we didn't let them really do that much. I think we can build on this for sure. Really satisfied with that. 

43 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I take it back what I said about Phillips as a backwards, sideways man.

MOM yesterday. 

I don't think that Phillips has ever been a backwards and sideways player. He plays some great forward passes for Leeds and i can't imagine that Bielsa would ever tolerate a player that just passed it backwards all day. He played like that for England in recent friendlies so I can only assume that it was on the instruction of Southgate.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

I take it back what I said about Phillips as a backwards, sideways man.

MOM yesterday. 

Decent first game win. 

Leeds fans were v frustrated seeing KP in his earlier England games, he was clearly instructed to sit in with a second DM and play safe. 

KP can play balls all over the park for fun, sets up endless attacks for Leeds.   Some is long passes over the last few seasons have been outrageous. 

He is much better in front of the back 4 than where England play him.... But at least it looks like he's been given some licence to play the ball all over like he does ecey week for Leeds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Decent first game win. 

Leeds fans were v frustrated seeing KP in his earlier England games, he was clearly instructed to sit in with a second DM and play safe. 

KP can play balls all over the park for fun, sets up endless attacks for Leeds.   Some is long passes over the last few seasons have been outrageous. 

He is much better in front of the back 4 than where England play him.... But at least it looks like he's been given some licence to play the ball all over like he does ecey week for Leeds. 

That’s why I thought the way I did previously. GS obviously told him to sit & play it safe. I reckon Rice deserves some credit then for allowing KP the freedom while coping himself.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Excellent by england. 

how many England tournament games have we bemoaned our lack of technical quality vs opponents, always giving ball away.

today - none of that .

players looking very comfortable on the ball, able to play at different tempos, not afraid to take time to build up moves.

agreed, v superior technical we picked our moments, they didnt look like scoring

I'd seriously consider resting Kane until the knock outs. He looks fizzed. 

Against Scotland id go 

Pickford

James

Stones

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Phillips

Sancho

Mount 

Grealish

Calvert Lewin 

And then against the Czechs I'd be resting Mount, giving Chilwell and Bellingham a game and resting Stones. 

If we have 2 wins in the board try and get some mins into the kgs of Henderson and Maguire 

8 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I'd seriously consider resting Kane until the knock outs. He looks fizzed. 

Against Scotland id go 

Pickford

James

Stones

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Phillips

Sancho

Mount 

Grealish

Calvert Lewin 

And then against the Czechs I'd be resting Mount, giving Chilwell and Bellingham a game and resting Stones. 

If we have 2 wins in the board try and get some mins into the kgs of Henderson and Maguire 

Not going to rest Kane with work still to do in the group. If we beat Scotland then he might well sit out the last game.

I can see the full-backs changing next game, not sure Sancho will go from out of the 23 to into the starting line up in the space of 5 days.

53 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not going to rest Kane with work still to do in the group. If we beat Scotland then he might well sit out the last game.

I can see the full-backs changing next game, not sure Sancho will go from out of the 23 to into the starting line up in the space of 5 days.

Dont think that will be the team, that's what I'd go for though. Kane looked shot and Kyle Walker cannot be trusted in tight games imo, need to try and use the squad cos some of our key players will be close to empty if not. 

Think Southgate will change the full backs as you said and maybe start Grealish over Foden, but think we can rotate more and still have a strong team while letting some key players recover a bit