England men's fixtures omdt.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think supporting Wednesday lately has knocked my love for football. 

I was going to say perhaps my enthusiasm tank is empty.

Anyhow well done England's walking football team.

Just now, shandypants said:

Why are they booing? 

Because grovelling on your knees in front of an organised mob of left-wing culture warriors who are using anti-racism in sport as a Trojan Horse for their massively illiberal and racist Critical Race Theory ideology is a terrible idea if you expect them to ever let you back on your feet again.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Good win that 

We weren't really troubled and the players i was concerned about all did well 

Great start 

Yep, delighted with that, beaten the best opponent in our group with a composed performance.

It wasn't spectacular but it was deserved.

Well done Southgate for sticking with 4 at the back despite some pundits being convinced we would revert to a back 3. Wasn't convinced by picking Trippier at left-back but he is a better defender than our 2 natural left-backs and did the job that was asked of him.

I wouldn't have gone with Sterling based on form but his movement was good at times today and he got the decisive goal to merit his place.

Excellent performance from Phillips.

Guest Mcguigan
6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not the best game but a wins a win. Nice to win the opener. Would start Grealish the next game. 

Grealish had no defensive side to his game and I'm not sure Southgate trusts him in tournament football. 

Won't see him involved much, imo. 

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Because grovelling on your knees in front of an organised mob of left-wing culture warriors who are using anti-racism in sport as a Trojan Horse for their massively illiberal and racist Critical Race Theory ideology is a terrible idea if you expect them to ever let you back on your feet again.

Wow.

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Can you answer my question please mate? Why were fans booing players for taking a knee? 

Well, you asked for an answer, the one provided is quite remarkable! 

Good bits: 

Pickford had a great game,  excellent kicking. Looked confident. 

Phillips had his best game for England,  did a bit of everything. 

Bad bits:

Kane - what is happening with him for England? If Southgate is telling him to play like that, HK Should tell him to rounduns. Totally anonymous.  Didnt have a shot.

Rice : I've been watching football a long time, and still footballers come along that I don't understand . What does he do? Might as well not have been there. 

Overall,  a win is a win . Our defence will be tested more than that in the  coming games though.

Oh, and I will miss Luka Modric when he retires. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

To be fair mate, I don’t think many sports people identify with any left-wing poliitics. I believe they are doing it to highlight racial injustice. You sound quite prejudiced if I’m honest - maybe even a right wing extremist. Maybe you’re not but I’m making the assumption that you are a right wing extremist in the same way you’re making your mind up about people taking a knee. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, delighted with that, beaten the best opponent in our group with a composed performance.

It wasn't spectacular but it was deserved.

Well done Southgate for sticking with 4 at the back despite some pundits being convinced we would revert to a back 3. Wasn't convinced by picking Trippier at left-back but he is a better defender than our 2 natural left-backs and did the job that was asked of him.

I wouldn't have gone with Sterling based on form but his movement was good at times today and he got the decisive goal to merit his place.

Excellent performance from Phillips.

Best summary I've read.

Just now, shandypants said:

To be fair mate, I don’t think many sports people identify with any left-wing poliitics. I believe they are doing it to highlight racial injustice. You sound quite prejudiced if I’m honest - maybe even a right wing extremist. Maybe you’re not but I’m making the assumption that you are a right wing extremist in the same way you’re making your mind up about people taking a knee. 

Right wing extremist because he doesn’t agree with taking the knee is an obscene accusation lol 

Just now, Bannofan said:

Good bits: 

Bad bits:

Kane - what is happening with him for England? If Southgate is telling him to play like that, HK Should tell him to rounduns. Totally anonymous.  Didnt have a shot.

Rice : I've been watching football a long time, and still footballers come along that I don't understand . What does he do? Might as well not have been there. 

Overall,  a win is a win . Our defence will be tested more than that in the  coming games though.

I actually though Pickford's kicking was below par for him this afternoon. Kicked too many out of play or towards the head of Sterling first half.

Rice was pretty quiet but sat in front, held a position and Croatia rarely got a decent touch in and around our box.

Kane was disappointing, not sure you can blame Southgate for his poor touches, he will play better than that and we've won anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Good bits: 

Bad bits:

Kane seems to be at 50 percent of his Spurs capabilities, really weird

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I actually though Pickford's kicking was below par for him this afternoon. Kicked too many out of play or towards the head of Sterling first half.

Rice was pretty quiet but sat in front, held a position and Croatia rarely got a decent touch in and around our box.

Kane was disappointing, not sure you can blame Southgate for his poor touches, he will play better than that and we've won anyway.  

This.