BREAKING NEWS - GARRY MONK IS GONE

2035901557_Shock2.gif.202798d45b0c3ade9d6962c477d56499.gif

Well bugger me!

I really didn't expect that. Not because I thought Monk was working wonders and deserved to stay - those three losses in a row against some of the Championship's weaker teams put paid to that - but because I didn't think Chansiri was seriously considering a change so quickly. 

I'm now filled with a mixture of excitement at the possibilities a fresh start, an exciting new brand of football, and the endless horizons of all that the unknown has to offer, and the existential dread of employing some random duffer who'll take us hurtling down into League One before the winter's through.

Ah, the joys of being a Wednesday fan, eh?

• Like 4

Yes he is learning Perhaps could have saved himself a few bob by not allowing Monk the summer window. Yes I know, Monk probably had to be given a chance with his own staff/players, but if he was effectively on a ten match trial, it seems a bit wasted

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Why is it always weird with us? Should have gone in the summer. Then should have gone after Wycombe. Yet, we sack him after we get 4 points.

Dont get me wrong, he had to go but it’s just weird!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

About time, he needed to go at the end of last season for me but with his own back room staff I hoped he would turn it round. The fact they've all gone says to me there's either been a massive fallout or DC has someone lined up. I hope it's the latter, I hate being referred to as managerless Sheffield Wednesday again. 

I honestly think though that whoever comes in will struggle to be as bad as Monk was. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Good timing for once - right at the beginning of an international break to get another guy in.

Agreed mate. And much more of the season left to give us a chance to stay up, with the right manager. DCs acted in good time for once. 

• Like 1