THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m sure people will blame it on the language barrier. Not incredible arrogance and contempt for concerned fans. 

It's basically "I'm the boss. Know your place. Sit down. Shut up. If you don't like it buy the club (knowing that's not an option)"

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No doubt other clubs gets criticised and moaned about but that's irrelevant.  The sponsor pulled out partly due to the negativity of our fan base.   They were looking at our fan base not Readings.  

It's not an argument can win, the negative reaction to this will if anything prove point he is making.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 11.33.44.jpg

This is the laziest, easiest and dullest response to any complaint EVER

Just because you get served a bad pint in a pub and raise it with the landlord does not mean you want to front a consortium to buy the brewery

He would probably want £100m to buy the stadium from him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I’ve mentioned previously in this post, if you go into any forum you’ll get moaners.. that’s just a reflection of life . But our club historically has had far too many.. even when we’ve been competitive as a club

Can you give us some numbers?

• Love 1

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON THE FANS AGAIN

My people say the fans say they tried to help us with the decision, we were not slow.

It was because if we could sell a player it could help.

We were talking with the EFL. A long, long time. It took too long and then they said we can’t do that or do this.

If we can’t do that or this then they need to tell us what we can do. They should support the club..

He just can't help himself can he. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, RockieOwl said:

So Reading are different then. They can attract sponsorship irrespective of any negativity they have, but we have to shut up and do as we are told so that we can get sponsorship

The sponsorship they attracted might not have took into the fanbase social media or didn't place as much importance on it  as the potential sponsor we were talking to.  Two different entities why compare them?  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pingu said:

We're probably a similar level to Southampton, Cardiff, Blackburn, Sheff Utd and Birmingham these days.  

We wish we could be on Southampton's level! And not just because they happen to be 5th in the Premier League right now: they've spent the vast majority of the last 45 years in the top division, and quite often they've finished in the top 10. They have a fantastic youth set-up and regularly average crowds of around 30,000. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

The sponsorship they attracted might not have took into the fanbase social media or didn't place as much importance on it  as the potential sponsor we were talking to.  Two different entities why compare them?  

Who WOULD you compare it to then?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Well...from what I could gather the following was said

- plans to continue supporting Monk for the time being

- looking to the government and EFL for support for clubs otherwise it’s hard to plan, because football is dead otherwise

- he will continue to support the losses for the foreseeable future

- if we do find ourselves in a position to make a run at the play offs in January, then we might look at strengthening

I would suggest - in the middle of a disasterous  global pandemic - those can be considered the makings of a plan 

But let’s be real, no-one knows what’s going to happen in the next couple of months 

So he's been here 5 years and now has the makings of a plan lol

• Haha 1