THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Well that's the negative intepretation...here's a different one

Backing Monk for the moment

Demonstrated that he has learnt, but is still learning

Conversation seems to have got caught up on definition of CEO - but I think he said something to look at as a priority in January?

Spent 100s millions

Said most fans are amazing, but a small minority always negative - spooked a sponsor with online negativity

Would be happy to sell shares to fans if they want to buy them

I agree, thats how ive read into it too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichieB said:

The only things I agreed with him about was that we aren't a big club, and that there's no loyalty in football... hutch, FF, Westwood etc don't/didn't give a shiit about this club, only their pay packet 

Yeah but we should get them all back etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

Sad thing is if he actually listened and channelled his investment properly, then we would probably do pretty well and he might have had achieved his aim of promotion.

You can have all the money in the world, but it means very little without a proper structure and strategy.

Like trying to build a luxury mansion when the foundation is quick sand.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I have to say I’m disappointed with all that. Yes he’s cleared up a few aspects regarding the ground and finances, but for me, that really wasn’t what I needed to hear. There seemed little or nothing about the way forward, or even for the here and now. There are some things that are out of his hands for the moment, but there are plenty of things he can effect now. Hell I don’t even mind that he sticks with Monk, if only he’d insist that the manager at least tries to play attacking entertaining football. We are so dire, when it comes to tactics, it’s almost embarrassing 

• Like 1

Having read this entire thread, I think it might actually be the majority of fans who have the mindset to see the negatives in everything he says. Many things, due to his poor command of English, can be interpreted more than one way, but most seem to jump to the negative conclusion. Whatever your thoughts on him, he's keeping us afloat and, at the moment, that's the most important thing.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep (knowing full well that's just not gonna happen)

So really  it's just SIT DOWN. SHUT UP. PAY UP

It’s an answer he’s used time and time again, now it’s become his default for any concerns regarding the stadium sale too.

In a city like Sheffield playing a game of who’s got the bigger bank balance with fans is beyond cruel. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

It was concerning if it’s true he didn’t like Bruce’s style from afar. Given he was a great man manager and exactly what we have needed. 

If we had a Bruce in 2015 we’d have gone up 

At least we now know 100% why we don't ever get the managers that the fans want at Sheffield Wednesday FC

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, fitz44 said:

Having read this entire thread, I think it might actually be the majority of fans who have the mindset to see the negatives in everything he says. Many things, due to his poor command of English, can be interpreted more than one way, but most seem to jump to the negative conclusion.  

Ok fair point

What conclusions did you reach?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

This 100% look at the interview yourselves make your own minds up instead of reading snippets on here then post your thoughts 

Forget any polls on here if you read through the thread  its pretty clear who is for and against the owner and I would suggest the vast majority wouldn't change their minds either way what ever he would have said and therefore post that way 

Take the emotion out of it and read it for what it is there are parts of it i like and parts that worry me 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but the bit about ticket pricing, points deductions, embargoes, selling the stadium to a third party etc  etc

Yeah but THAT

Well he has offered to sell the club to the fans and I'm sure he would be helpful in setting it up as well. 

Why not take him at his word you have the connections, the right personality, the high tec knowledge, you know about ticket pricing, points, deductions, embargoes, and selling stadiums etc etc 

You could bring it all together or at least get the ball rolling.

Didn't I tell you many years ago that you are destined to be a chairman of the club?  

Chairman Neil  sounds good.

• Like 1