THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

Just now, bazapeps said:

I wonder what is more likely to put off sponsors: 

- an owner that clearly doesn’t know how to run a football club

- EFL charges and points deductions

- bizarre and embarrassing rambles from the owner to the press 

or 

- Gary from Shire green on Twitter disagreeing with the formation played at the weekend

And COVID 

The sponsorship deal was pre-covid

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, fitz44 said:

Having read this entire thread, I think it might actually be the majority of fans who have the mindset to see the negatives in everything he says. Many things, due to his poor command of English, can be interpreted more than one way, but most seem to jump to the negative conclusion. Whatever your thoughts on him, he's keeping us afloat and, at the moment, that's the most important thing.

I agree.

If it was some local, ten-bob spiv spewing platitudes it would be lapped up on here.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

"I don't blame the fans but this is a fact. I tried to bring in money to support the club.

"So I'd say if you don't support us, then don't damage us. Keep quiet."

Link that this was said consecutively and not out of context? I have read most of the quotes on the examiners feed and he was just saying not to damage club and he did accept he wanted "constructive criticism" 

Quote that hit me was

"The criticism needs to be constructive.

Sometimes when I say things and people don’t believe me, what’s the point for me to talk?

Some hide behind names and when we invite them to forums etc they don’t come.

Sometimes I don’t understand. If you have something negative with me then we can talk and I explain."

Can't expect anymore than that.

• Haha 1

Just now, PARKOWL said:

This 100% look at the interview yourselves make your own minds up instead of reading snippets on here then post your thoughts 

Forget any polls on here if you read through the thread  its pretty clear who is for and against the owner and I would suggest the vast majority wouldn't change their minds either way what ever he would have said and therefore post that way 

Take the emotion out of it and read it for what it is there are parts of it i like and parts that worry me 

Which parts worry you?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Impossible mate

at times Chansiri said he can't affect anything as Chairman to make us succeed on the pitch, but knows as much about football as a football expert who's been in the game 20 years, but then said  he didn't like Steve Bruce's footballing style and didn't think he could do the job but gave it him anyway, then said the players weren't consistent enough to get promoted but the target this season is promotion 

etc etc etc

We are in trouble 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Well he has offered to sell the club to the fans and I'm sure he would be helpful in setting it up as well. 

Why not take him at his word you have the connections, the right personality, the high tec knowledge, you know about ticket pricing, points, deductions, embargoes, and selling stadiums etc etc 

You could bring it all together or at least get the ball rolling.

Didn't I tell you many years ago that you are destined to be a chairman of the club?  

Chairman Neil  sounds good.

We can’t go from DC to a chairman who knows fuckall about football.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fitz44 said:

Having read this entire thread, I think it might actually be the majority of fans who have the mindset to see the negatives in everything he says. Many things, due to his poor command of English, can be interpreted more than one way, but most seem to jump to the negative conclusion. Whatever your thoughts on him, he's keeping us afloat and, at the moment, that's the most important thing.

I admire your patience mate but how you can see any value in what he has just said and the style he has delivered it is lost on me.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

In short...

If you don’t like something at the club keep quiet or buy it off him.

Owlstalk will do a fund raiser to sort it.

Why do you think we got the subscription option 

3 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

This 100% look at the interview yourselves make your own minds up instead of reading snippets on here then post your thoughts 

Forget any polls on here if you read through the thread  its pretty clear who is for and against the owner and I would suggest the vast majority wouldn't change their minds either way what ever he would have said and therefore post that way 

Take the emotion out of it and read it for what it is there are parts of it i like and parts that worry me 

Ironically, taking the emotion out of it is something that would serve our owner very well

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Link that this was said consecutively and not out of context? I have read most of the quotes on the examiners feed and he was just saying not to damage club and he did accept he wanted "constructive criticism" 

Quote that hit me was

"The criticism needs to be constructive.

Sometimes when I say things and people don’t believe me, what’s the point for me to talk?

Some hide behind names and when we invite them to forums etc they don’t come.

Sometimes I don’t understand. If you have something negative with me then we can talk and I explain."

Can't expect anymore than that.

He contradicted himself. He didn't say constructive criticism in the bit I quoted. He said keep quiet.  I suppose we choose the quote that resonates most with how we look at him. Confirmation bias. 

• Love 1

The Chairman agrees to offer his perspective once, maybe twice a year and it usually coincides with Wednesday being in the kak and the majority of the fan base being unhappy.

He always comes across as dogmatic, uninformed and intransigent... to me anyway.

The message that I always take away from these little exercises is “ it’s my club, I’ve spent a lot of money on it, don’t criticise me, and stop being negative because I didn’t do anything wrong “

I think that he’s clueless.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This reminds me of those situations when after a run of poor performances Morgan Fox used to get booed pre-game, gets dogs abuse for 90 mins and then finally gives it the ‘fizz off’ to the fans when walking down the tunnel

And all the fans would be like HOW DARE HE!!!!! THAT IS OUT OF ORDER!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1