THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You can only go on what he said, I have no evidence that he was lying.  

The figures top end would have been dependent on reaching premier League, and sounds like a long term deal maybe 5+ years minimum and could have involved stadium naming rights etc, maybe even a rebrand of club eg red bull Wednesday or something.

That said the company in question maybe used that as an excuse to back out last minute due to other concerns eg EFL case etc

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI CALLING STEVE BRUCE A LIAR

"I’m just disappointed that he didn’t tell me the truth. If he’d told me the truth I would’ve supported him, why was the need to lie?"

To be fair to the owner, all that b'llocks Bruce spouted about knowing nowt about Newcastle and just wanting to concentrate on walking his dog.

Bruce can get f*cked for my money.  It's the one thing I agree with the owner on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

3 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

So Reading are different then. They can attract sponsorship irrespective of any negativity they have, but we have to shut up and do as we are told so that we can get sponsorship

Of course Reading are different they are a different club their sponsors had different demands .  No  one has asked you to shut up and do as you are told.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

The sponsorship they attracted might not have took into the fanbase social media or didn't place as much importance on it  as the potential sponsor we were talking to.  Two different entities why compare them?  

Because he is basically telling us to shut up, don't moan and we will then get sponsorship. Sorry, thats not how it works and theres plenty of evidence at other clubs to prove thats not how it works. Someone posted the comparison with Dave Allen earlier which is frightening. I am far from anti-Chansiri but this press conference is just another way of having a go at the fans (and others)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let’s hope the players haven’t been keeping up to date with this! Can’t imagine they will take to kindly to some of the things said. 

He's spoken the truth about them, they've all been abysmal this season and they need a rocket uo their arse s. If I was DC I'd call them out exactly the same. Either shape up and fight for the shirt whilst on brilliant money I might add.. or f**k off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Has anyone heard ANYTHING about a plan, strategy or way forward yet?

Remember Covid though. As long as he's keeping us afloat, it's fine. It's not like everyone else is having the same problems, but at least most/all still have plans in place for whatever happens.