THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON THAT SPONSORSHIP DEAL 

"Before Covid, I had one sponsor lined up. It was going to be very big for this club, never happened before.

"The deal was almost finished. It would have been eight or nine figures, depending on where we finish.

"It was almost finished but their team went and found information on social media and came back to me and said 'why is social media so negative to you and the club?'

"I said 'it's a minority'. At the end they refused me and made me very upset.

"I don't blame the fans but this is a fact. I tried to bring in money to support the club.

"So I'd say if you don't support us, then don't damage us. Keep quiet.

"But the majority of the fans are amazing. It's just a little (section)."

very easy to claim something like that. Other clubs whose owners get much more abuse seem to have no problem gaining sponsorship 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Well that's the negative intepretation...here's a different one

Backing Monk for the moment

Demonstrated that he has learnt, but is still learning

Conversation seems to have got caught up on definition of CEO - but I think he said something to look at as a priority in January?

Spent 100s millions

Said most fans are amazing, but a small minority always negative - spooked a sponsor with online negativity

Would be happy to sell shares to fans if they want to buy them

I agree with you but in life you will get the Glass half full  people or  the glass half empty people and nothing either say will change the others view point once their minds are made up 

After going to OUR club since 1963 I never realised that

1. We are not a big club

2. The fans are to blame for being negative

Sorry Mr Chansiri to have wasted my time and effort during all those years,I really must try harder and re-educate myself.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Remember when Chansiri blames the EFL, Fans, The Government, Inconsistent players, Steve Bruce, Other clubs trying to poach players on the cheap because we're in a point deducition etc - remember that this is Chansiri's first media in 2 YEARS because guess who he blamed two years ago?

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, REDOWL said:

After going to OUR club since 1963 I never realised that

1. We are not a big club

2. The fans are to blame for being negative

Sorry Mr Chansiri to have wasted my time and effort during all those years,I really must try harder and re-educate myself.

He did say a minority ... which is undeniable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

very easy to claim something like that. Other clubs whose owners get much more abuse seem to have no problem gaining sponsorship 

The point is that the reason why they were pulling out was due to negativity around our fan base.  Not other clubs fan base but ours. 

Why bring other clubs into it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mister Soul said:

The difference being they are in the Premiership and sponsors will overlook the negatIvity (to a point) because of the positive hourly exposure they get

Do the other 23 clubs in the Championship also have issues with sponsorship then? Because I can guarantee that they will moan and criticise just as much as we do. Reading are top. I wonder what their reaction was yesterday losing 3-0 at home

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Remember when Chansiri blames the EFL, Fans, The Government, Inconsistent players, Steve Bruce, Other clubs trying to poach players on the cheap because we're in a point deducition etc - remember that this is Chansiri's first media in 2 YEARS because guess who he blamed two years ago?

Was it Canada?

• Haha 3