THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

21 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

The problem I'm seeing throughout the live updates is Chansiri is coming across as too MUCH of a fan

He is providing emotional and subjective soundbites that can be interpreted as right/wrong dependent on individual fans points of view. This is only going to alienate him further to those that disagree

He needs to start starting FACTS, provide numbers to back up his arguments, and more importantly provide a BUSINESS PLAN moving forward not just "we want to do x, y, z"

We need HOW, WHEN and WHY not his opinions

Exactly, well put.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

CHANSIRI ON THAT SPONSORSHIP DEAL 

"Before Covid, I had one sponsor lined up. It was going to be very big for this club, never happened before.

"The deal was almost finished. It would have been eight or nine figures, depending on where we finish.

"It was almost finished but their team went and found information on social media and came back to me and said 'why is social media so negative to you and the club?'

"I said 'it's a minority'. At the end they refused me and made me very upset.

"I don't blame the fans but this is a fact. I tried to bring in money to support the club.

"So I'd say if you don't support us, then don't damage us. Keep quiet.

"But the majority of the fans are amazing. It's just a little (section)."

Important Note Here - 'BEFORE COVID'

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, sheffix said:

That hurt....

I think we have to take it in the context it was probably meant. We are nowhere near a big club at the moment but what he should have added is that we have everything to be a big club again in the future. The potential of this club is never going to go away the problem has always been transferring that into action and achieving that goal.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

CHAIRMAN SAYS HE IS PUTTING THE PRICES UP TO THE HIGHEST IN THE DIVISION SO WE CAN COMPETE AS A BIG CLUB
WE DON'T COMPETE
CHAIRMAN SAYS WE AREN'T THAT BIG

Hes right

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Spurs

Chelsea

Liverpool

Leicester 

Everton

Leeds

Villa

Newcastle

Sunderland

Wolves

West Ham

West Brom

Norwich

Notts Forest

Derby

Are all bigger than us.

We're probably a similar level to Southampton, Cardiff, Blackburn, Sheff Utd and Birmingham these days.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The Chairman just said this - "Sometimes you think too big about yourselves. Sheffield Wednesday, actually is not that big."

Well he's not wrong is he the delusion of grandeur amongst our fan base is frightening at times  

Just now, Mountain Owl said:

I think we have to take it in the context it was probably meant. We are nowhere near a big club at the moment but what he should have added is that we have everything to be a big club again in the future. The potential of this club is never going to go away the problem has always been transferring that into action and achieving that goal.

Which on paper is the exact job description of the Chairman

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Before Covid, I had one sponsor lined up. It was going to be very big for this club, never happened before.

"The deal was almost finished. It would have been eight or nine figures, depending on where we finish.

"It was almost finished but their team went and found information on social media and came back to me and said 'why is social media so negative to you and the club?'

"I don't blame the fans but this is a fact. I tried to bring in money to support the club.

I call absolute bullshit on this.

It's like something Donald Trump would come up with

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pingu said:

Hes right

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Spurs

Chelsea

Liverpool

Leicester 

Everton

Leeds

Villa

Newcastle

Sunderland

Wolves

West Ham

West Brom

Norwich

Notts Forest

Derby

Are all bigger than us.

We're probably a similar level to Southampton, Cardiff, Blackburn, Sheff Utd and Birmingham these days.  

But he put the prices up to the highest in the division and told us we were going to compete

The prices havent come down since we are now flirting with relegation to league one

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

HOW...when no one knows what will happen to clubs over the next year.   WHEN...same answer  WHY...he's  told everyone why they can't plah ahead but has told you what the aims are....he didn't say he was going to sack Monk but regardless of who we had as manager we would be inthe same situation they are the FACTS...I don't need a business plan to understand that 

I disagree; he is a business owner he still needs to have a 12 month - 5 year business plan regardless of market conditions and saying "we always want to win promotion" doesnt cut it, at least with me.

If anything the current climate makes it more important not less to have a some kind of strategy in place

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He bought em!

Not with the intention that they'd be missing sitters, not tackling and getting themselves booked/sent off.

It's a simple concept: once players are on the pitch it's down to them to play to the best of their abilities; the Chairman cannot stop players from making basic and often costly mistakes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The noisy minority can be very damaging in many sutuations not just football. Having said that we seem to have more than our fair share of moaning minnies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2