Reduced to minus 6! Offical

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

It's not a question of guilty or not guilty. We are guilty of over-spending and breaching P&S - of that there is no doubt. What is/was questionable, was the punishment. A 12 point deduction was deemed to be harsh, and therefore it's been reduced to 6 on appeal.

I think that is entirely the doubt.

The ground sale should be allowed.

Tomorrow may well see Chansiri say "not accepting six points, we go to the courts"

10 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

So what are we now guilty of? 6 points for...... 

Same as previously, but would assume:

A) EFLs handling of case and situation in initially giving approval came into play

B) fact case should really have been brought in same year as Birmingham, was factor to reduce.

Would imagine 2019 accounts to be filed soon with sale included and 2018 figures re-stated.

Should draw a line under fiasco now and move forward as a fresh start

EFL mismanagement and dilatory decision making process has severely contributed to damaging our trading position.

I don't see the appeals process ending in anything other than a period of litigation. The EFL now appear to be in a hole that can only get deeper with the passage of time. 

Some studious work will follow from Di Marco and will advise accordingly.    

This is great news, there can be no doubt on that, but what happens at the end of the season if (let's say) we stay up by 1 point at someone else's expense. Could we find ourselves in a situation like that lot and West Ham? Or would any litigation fall at the feet of the efl? 

This whole thing has been a total sh*t show and I'm asking myself if this is the end of it, or just the start! 🤔

• Like 1