Reduced to minus 6! Offical

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Your either guilty or not though ? How can there be an inbetween ? 

the owner is adamant he is in the right, everyone laughed and said he was delusional ... the arbitration panel clearly saw flaws in the EFL’s claim ? How

can they give -6 ? On what grounds ? Your not guilty ? Take the 12 off then .. 

We are guilty but its different points deductions for the amount you break ffp.

I have just looked it up and the points deduction for breaking ffp by over £15m is 12 points. However this wasn't released by EFL until 17th September  2018. 

We broke FFP end of July 2018. So there were no rules or guidance when we broke it. We could argue we would do something different if we knew a 12 point penalty would be coming

This outcome on appeal was always the most likely IMO? Also with DC making himself available for interview this week there was always something like this likely to happen to pour cold water on

a likely grilling from Giddings. I suspect the Monk issue will be the big talking point tomorrow?

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No. Just don’t want it dragging on. 

If we hadn't have chosen to drag it on when the verdict was made we would still be sat here on minus points tonight. 

5 minutes ago, EccOvOwl said:

Paranoid 

AE2FB83C-D86B-40D7-A02D-B6263844847F.jpeg

Thanks god for that, with the whole EFL charge and -12 i thought the EFL were gunning for us. Thankfully they were just playing hard to get!

Now onto the lesser worry which is us relegating ourselves.

:duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I suspect that although the Arbitration panel have agreed with the original decision that we shouldn't have included the stadium sale in the 2017/18 accounts the clubs belief that it had permission to do so has been viewed as mitigating circumstances which should have been taken into account when determining the punishment.

That is how it reads, so the technical aspects of this in terms of the accounting are still deemed wrong.

Like I have said that may still have repercussions in respect of the professionals involved and might see the accounts officially changed, or not 

The EFL commission has no jurisdiction on accounting matters other than for its own purposes 

To me this reduction is down simply to the legitimate expectation argument where the EFL never came out looking good and that the sanctions that could apply were not informed until well after the cut off date. Be like speeding and the law changed to say its now a 10 year prison sentence when it was only a 60 quid fine when you did the offence 

we now have a decent chance of stopping up now . no excuses ,a huge weight has been lifted off my club . i honestly was resigned to relegation and probable liquidation regards on the state of lower league football and the very doubtful chance of this season league 1/2 getting completed and with huge doubts on next season. stopping up has never been so important in this present climate . things are looking up 

• Like 1