Reduced to minus 6! Offical

Make no mistake, we've just shafted the EFL big time ! The FFP rules are laughable and DC has just driven a coach & horses through them. The whole set up is corrupt and we may have just pushed the button that brings the whole thing crashing down. Whilst I'm not happy with the way money has changed football, this might just bring the EFL crashing down. Derby will be rubbing their hands now. 

14 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

Make no mistake, we've just shafted the EFL big time ! The FFP rules are laughable and DC has just driven a coach & horses through them. The whole set up is corrupt and we may have just pushed the button that brings the whole thing crashing down. Whilst I'm not happy with the way money has changed football, this might just bring the EFL crashing down. Derby will be rubbing their hands now. 

I wish it had been that favourable for us. But it has felt like we have been punished for years via embargo’s and now even a -6 would’ve felt bad at the time. 

Fans of other clubs suggesting we’ve had some kind of easy ride don’t really understand. We spent money how many years ago 2015-2018 and we are still being penalised in 2021.

I think we will see changes to P&S soon anyway due to Covid 19 but it will be the 2021/22 season when we might actually be free again if we stop up 

anyone looked at the Charlton Forum? No doubt they are mostly saying "Woe, we were wrong, it's a good thing the punishment was delayed, as we'd be in a terrible mess if the reduction happened after Wednesday were relegated because of it. We'd probably have to offer to swap places with them"

Guest FoxOwl12

Surely if we had done anything underhand, or remotely illegal, the Inland Revenue would have been down on us like a ton of bricks.

Now all this talk about making sure we are 21st is seeming a bit defeatist In my eyes, that would not be satisfactory. We can, and should, now start to look at the bigger picture, is 6pt deficit is only 2 wins FFS. No more grim attritional football, or talk about just needing to hang on in there. 
Let’s do in January, what we so obviously didn’t do in the summer, and bring in the younger talented players we can develop. With that in mind, stop messing about with the development squads. Bring those squads up to scratch numbers wise, and go back to encouraging them to play football. Halving the deduction means that it has to be more than just about survival now, we need to make sure we lay a platform for the future

• Like 1