Reduced to minus 6! Offical

19 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

give them 6 points back then if yer can't take that as a positive ffs

Dude, tonight is positive. But we have to start winning games. We haven’t been scoring goals from open play. All the concerns since last December are still in play. It’s great we’ve been handed this opportunity tonight. I hope we can capitalise on it. 

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Just to clarify:

Couldn't help but notice brando hanging around this thread like the grim reaper.

Tonight is a positive one, even if we have much to do 

We've got out harder situations than this before.

Let's see what happens. Saturday is a big one.

It’s presented a great opportunity to get out of trouble. I just hope we’ve got it in us to grab it with both hands. 

39 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I think that is entirely the doubt.

The ground sale should be allowed.

Tomorrow may well see Chansiri say "not accepting six points, we go to the courts"

No, it's not the doubt. There is no doubt. We breached the P&S rules for the 2018 season, as we did not complete the sale of the ground before the 31st July, as specified and requested by the EFL. It was their own suggestion to complete the ground sale by this date to avoid breaching the upper ceiling losses for that particular rolling 3 season accounting period. We failed to do that.

We altered the Head of Terms twice after this date, once on the 10th and again on the 11th August, and therefore the sale was not deemed complete and was not permitted to be entered in to the 2018 season accounts. This is all made very clear in the documentation released by the Tribunal. The simple fact is had we acted with more expediancy and completed the sale prior to the 31st July, we would not be in this position. Chansiri will no doubt see the reduction in the pemalty as a positive result, and will no doubt draw a line under this particular episode. To further challenge this is nothing short of foolish, unless there is something that has not been declared during the hearing, and therefore not in the public domain.

As for the ground sale being allowed, there has been no mention of this not being allowed, just not allowed in the account period we wanted. I guess it remains to be seen if and when we can add this to our accounts and what impact that has.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dykwim said:

It’s presented a great opportunity to get out of trouble. I just hope we’ve got it in us to grab it with both hands. 

Exactly. 

I mean talk about a second chance for goodness sake. 

Yeah, we are bottom with ten games in, but we are now within a win or two of going above other teams. 

It's still very early on in the season. 

As I said earlier: I see this as a positive with respect to Monk. Absolutely no excuses for him now. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

I mean talk about a second chance for goodness sake. 

Yeah, we are bottom with ten games in, but we are now within a win or two of going above other teams. 

It's still very early on in the season. 

As I said earlier: I see this as a positive with respect to Monk. Absolutely no excuses for him now. 

Personally I’d get rid. He’s proven he’s not up to it and if I were the chairman I wouldn’t risk his form taking us down after being presented a ‘get out of jail free’ card. If he sticks with him though I’m routing for him - I want every manager to be a success, don’t like calling for their heads. Monk has proven to me he’s not up to it. I’d absolutely love to be wrong though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dykwim said:

Personally I’d get rid. He’s proven he’s not up to it and if I were the chairman I wouldn’t risk his form taking us down after being presented a ‘get out of jail free’ card. If he sticks with him though I’m routing for him - I want every manager to be a success, don’t like calling for their heads. Monk has proven to me he’s not up to it. I’d absolutely love to be wrong though. 

Oh yeah, I would still get rid, but I'm being realistic to that not happening atm. 

14 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

No, it's not the doubt. There is no doubt. We breached the P&S rules for the 2018 season, as we did not complete the sale of the ground before the 31st July, as specified and requested by the EFL. It was their own suggestion to complete the ground sale by this date to avoid breaching the upper ceiling losses for that particular rolling 3 season accounting period. We failed to do that.

We altered the Head of Terms twice after this date, once on the 10th and again on the 11th August, and therefore the sale was not deemed complete and was not permitted to be entered in to the 2018 season accounts. This is all made very clear in the documentation released by the Tribunal. The simple fact is had we acted with more expediancy and completed the sale prior to the 31st July, we would not be in this position. Chansiri will no doubt see the reduction in the pemalty as a positive result, and will no doubt draw a line under this particular episode. To further challenge this is nothing short of foolish, unless there is something that has not been declared during the hearing, and therefore not in the public domain.

As for the ground sale being allowed, there has been no mention of this not being allowed, just not allowed in the account period we wanted. I guess it remains to be seen if and when we can add this to our accounts and what impact that has.

HOT's do not give a legal recourse.

HOT's are a framework.

53 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

Agreed. We need to be targeting Wycombe, Coventry and one of Barnsley/Rotherham.

I think Derby and Forest will eventually pull clear.

2 points behind Wycombe

3 points behind Coventry

4 points behind Rotherham 

5 behind Barnsley

That's the season for us right there.

Id agree with that, which makes the humiliating defeats to rovrum and wycombe even worse.

Forest will climb away, but something isnt right at derby. They shouldnt be down there, but have a feeling they could go down.

Lets concentrate on getting above those 4 for now though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

HOT's do not give a legal recourse.

HOT's are a framework.

I am well aware of what Heads of Terms are and how they are deemed. The simple fact is that there were changes, and this gave indications that no agreement, even in principle, had been made or reached.

If you want to keep arguing the facts and evidence given by the Tribunal, you go for it. It won't change a thing. We have been found guilty of breaching P&S and therefore we were charged accordingly.

• Thanks 2

Amazing! Been out all day and been blissfully unaware of this development until now. Was just checking the championship results on my phone and saw the league table. Saw us on 5 points and thought Sky had made a  Cokk up! Fantastic news and whilst for me it changes nothing as far as Monk (out's) future is concerned, it does mean that any potential new manager will think they will have a very realistic chance of getting the club to safety in the table. Well done to DC and the legal team. 

Edited by Devonstrix