THE MONK OUT THREAD

If he had an ounce of decency about him Monk would be on his bike after that performance. Totally inept and needs to consider his future in the game if that is the standard he sets for the players. 

We are relegated already as Chansiri won’t act until he totally ruins the club.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The problems at the club are deeper than the manager. But the manager is still a problem and it’s one we can try and fix by getting rid. 

Thing is, a top manager (like Bruce) could steer us to some semblance of normality. 

An idiot like Monk merely adds fuel to the fire. 

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I’ve said all along judge him at Christmas.

But if we don’t get anything Saturday and lose again against Bournemouth surely he can’t stay on?

We'll be relegated by Christmas. I genuinely don't think we have that time 

Certainly a lot of mitigating circumstances tonight, but we cannot take tonight in isolation. Monk’s situation is untenable, he will not be able to turn this around. It’s possible that nobody will be able to keep us in the championship, this is a rag tag squad, so maybe we have to look to somebody who can rebuild us as a proper footballing side. Monk won’t, or can’t do that, that’s not his footballing philosophy. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd say we shaded the second half though

With all due respect shading half’s doesn’t overturn points deductions.

We’ve been the ‘better side’ in a few games this season, but only walked away with a point at best.

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

If he had an ounce of decency about him Monk would be on his bike after that performance. Totally inept and needs to consider his future in the game if that is the standard he sets for the players. 

We are relegated already as Chansiri won’t act until he totally ruins the club.

He wont walk away. He will know this will be his last managerial job so needs to bank the pay cheque whilst he can

Just now, striker said:

We'll be relegated by Christmas. I genuinely don't think we have that time 

That’s the point I’m making.

Ive said Christmas in the summer but on our current course, as you say, we haven’t got that long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The problems at the club are deeper than the manager. But the manager is still a problem and it’s one we can try and fix by getting rid. 

This. 

Chansiri isn’t going anywhere. 

Any fan with a brain knows the owner is the biggest issue at the club. 

However that doesn’t stop us from seeing much more on the pitch. Look at Wigan’s off the field issues... it galvanised the team. 

• Like 1