GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

56 minutes ago, Animis said:

We can't stay up playing for 1-0 wins - we're just too fragile.

Whilst draws are an improvement on the 2nd half of last season, draws will see us down, if we're not careful.

So long as we're seven points behind forest at the end of the season ,we will be ok (ha ha)

59 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Not seen the game, can't comment, but Radio 5 said we'd got the game sewn up with just a few seconds left to play, so just WTF happened after that?

they packed up just like they usually do  Simon they forgot the rule play till the final whistle , lol 

35 minutes ago, parajack said:

His record this season,is all that matters,YES it was disappointing to lose 2 points so late in the game,I didnt see the goal,but i havnt been a fan of Dawson TBH,was it bad luck? bad GK? or bad defending? all 3?...comments please(objective please!!) if you actually watched it..

And NO i still dont want Dawson replaced by Westwood...

Dawson couldn’t go anything about the goal - good cross and thumping header. I thought Joey was slow closing the crosser down. That said, their scorer seems to be in acres of space so, without watching it back, I’d say it was poor closing down and potentially poor marking in the box.

Edited by WUGGAMONKEY1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Backs to the wall 35 minutes from home

Dawson and Pelupessy = never winning. Even in a quiz

Oh and 2 shots on target, 1 conceded. 50% from Dawson again

We only had 1 shot on target and yet scored.....and you’re clueless on tactics.....if you think we were doing well in the first half you were watching a different game

2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

But correct. You can keep saying wow, but it's true. He's on jobseekers because he's outdated and not very good. 

Correct in your opinion. That doesn’t make it a fact. 

He’s been out of work for 5 months 🤦‍♂️

Ipswich dropped like a stone the year he left. Prior to that he won league titles at Wolves and Sunderland. 

But your entitled to your opinion. But if Monk went and you think Mick is a bad appointment god help wherever your expectations are. 

• Thanks 1

Even if we had held on we would still be an ordinary team with an uninspiring manager.... sure , the fall out would be less vitriolic but it wouldn’t change the dynamic of the club. ( we’d have two more points I suppose)

I expect that we’ll all dance a victory jig if Kenneth Zohore signs on Monday but he’s still recovering from a calf strain, hasn’t played for ages and will probably join Dunkley and Brown in the treatment room.

We lost our most influential defender and a cast iron starter in minefield before the game

We had 2 defenders off injured in the first 45 minutes and another who couldn’t be replaced towards the end

so we only conceded when we had 10 men and 3 defenders injured a minute after additional time

a point should be seen as a positive in these circumstances

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

We only had 1 shot on target and yet scored.....and you’re clueless on tactics.....if you think we were doing well in the first half you were watching a different game

He thinks the opposite.

if they had not scored for us then we would have lost , we used our luck up with the own goal then reverted to doing what we always do and get deeper into our own half , we can't play that way and never could we are stronger when attacking other teams , not rocket science to do , but for some reason we can't or don't Tactics or players who knows but in the long run playing like this is going to cost us big time ,

• Like 1

Just now, Ian said:

We lost our most influential defender and a cast iron starter in minefield before the game

We had 2 defenders off injured in the first 45 minutes and another who couldn’t be replaced towards the end

so we only conceded when we had 10 men and 3 defenders injured a minute after additional time

a point should be seen as a positive in these circumstances

Was bringing Pelupessy on for Dele-Bashiru the right sub to make at that point in the game?

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So everyone has to doff their caps to him whilst blasting the current manager to smithereens?

Got ya

I posted a litany of criticisms in the post earlier that you earlier "Selectively quoted" mate

Chansiri has had a nightmare....but sadly, he is allowed to spend his own money as he likes....Sure you doff your cap if you want...I only take mine off to him to scratch me f.ookin' head

Edited by asteener1867

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jim's LOVING this thread

Like everyone I’d have preferred to be going into the international break on -5. But we’re not because for the umpteenth time we’ve conceded late on. Do you blame the players or the tactics? He’s got his own men in on and off the pitch now and the same things are happening. I’d love to be proved wrong but with the way he sets us up, do you honestly think he will?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Correct in your opinion. That doesn’t make it a fact. 

He’s been out of work for 5 months 🤦‍♂️

Ipswich dropped like a stone the year he left. Prior to that he won league titles at Wolves and Sunderland. 

But your entitled to your opinion. But if Monk went and you think Mick is a bad appointment god help wherever your expectations are. 

I would rather keep Monk. The names being put forth previously are awful. We need to move forward with new ideas, not an old man with ancient ideas. For what it's worth I wanted Rowatt.

What year were McCarthys achievements that you point out with Sunderland and Wolves?

So McCarthy is good because he did nothing with Ipswich, left, then another manager came in and was worse? If he leads with that at job interviews I think he may struggle.

30 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Comes to a point when  you think what exactly  is ....."Supporting the club"

Watching it drift to League 1, cos you don't like complaining?

Lets be honest the home form over the last months has been totally unacceptable....The team is changed week in week out when the manager should KNOW his best players and their positions, 

Time after Time after Time, we leak late goals that cost us points..and here we are when we need something EXTRAorinary and are met with average...Its simply not good enough Neil, and no matter how much you want a forum full of "Happy campers"...It serves no bloody purpose mate, because the whining and the moaning are simply fans who are worried with the direction we are taking...its not going well, to ignore that is an inch offa stupid.

exactly

I don’t rate Monk but the majority of this isn’t his fault. This all started when we appointed Jos. And the level of expectation on here jumped up to a ridiculous level when we won a couple of cup games against pub teams

At the start of the season I expected us to get relegated. I’m sticking by that prediction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

He brought Joey on for Dele who was gassed. We had no more subs to make 

I know you’re probably angry but just have a think 

A professional athlete should be fit enough and able to complete in his sport. Why if Monk thought he was tired didn't he  just tell the lad to sit in and let the ball do the work I've no idea. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don’t rate Monk but the majority of this isn’t his fault. This all started when we appointed Jos. And the level of expectation on here jumped up to a ridiculous level when we won a couple of cup games against pub teams

At the start of the season I expected us to get relegated. I’m sticking by that prediction. 

Why do you expect us to get relegated?

Do you not think our squad should be capable of 12 points more than any 3 teams in this division? Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe, Luton, QPR for example?

We have been at least 12 points better than the worst 3 every season for the last 6 seasons, including under the hapless Jos.