Callum Paterson

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I KNEW you were leading up to an anti-Monk post

You disguised this one very well (by your standards) but I still knew it was coming

lol

It’s not an anti-Monk post at all. You know as well as I do that Mandaric would’ve pulled the plug on Monk a long time ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim said:

It’s not an anti-Monk post at all.  

You're not just Anti-Monk

You make EVERY post an anti-Monk one

The ONLY posts you ever make are anti-Monk

The ONLY posts you make that aren't anti-Monk are ones that try to pretend they're not anti-Monk, that you post in order to lead to an anti-Monk post

At least be honest about it mate, because we all read this site, read your posts, and see it for ourselves - very very clearly

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I agree that it is stupid not to have a CEO and DOF.

But as far as Monk is concerned if Mandaric , Aldridge and an experienced DOF had been in post his job would be 10 times easier and no doubt the results would have been better.

Mandaric wouldn’t have paid the big salaries, no points deduction, he wouldn’t have allowed players on decent salaries to decide they weren’t bothered about playing and messing up the dressing room. Mandaric wouldn’t have got into a position where Westwood can show he’s not really bothered about playing while picking up a million pounds of his money this season. He learned his lesson at Portsmouth 

The manager’s job would be a breeze compared with what Monk’s got to put up with.

But of course if the results had been the same he would be gone very quickly.

we wouldn’t have finished in the top half either and we’d be waiting for someone else to come along and spend. Milan was desperate to move on with an empty enthusiasm tank.

The mistakes of the early DC period nearly got us promoted but left us with issues off the pitch and a disillusioned squad that looked backwards to wembley and that shootout and never moved on.  Part of this could’ve been resolved with a proper plan for FFP or even just selling the stadium a week or two earlier (ffs)

But looking at the business since Jos went. Two British managers’ with decent reputations. Proper recruitment team and operation of a much stricter budget and the raising of funds last season via sales. The club is already being run in many of the ways we want it to be. A proper spokesperson at board level would be good though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Shows where we are that we are worried about this transfer falling through whilst the blades chase £20m strikers 😫

They might by costing £20m , but they aint worth £20m Mcburnie !!, no better than Paterson for me. Its just the price goes up ridiculously when the buyer is a premier league club and thats whats wrong with the English game right now.

Just like the wages, and ticket prices , and lower league clubs going bust. 

Promised land my arse.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Shows where we are that we are worried about this transfer falling through whilst the blades chase £20m strikers 😫

They have spent around £40M on 3 attacking players in the last 12 months and look less likely to score than we do at the moment, hope their unsuccessful spending continues.