Callum Paterson

Their fans still seem to think it's done, perhaps the hold up is something to do with the sell on fee? Cardiff bought him for around £400,000 and Hearts had a sell on clause of 15%. Not sure what the sticking point or hold up is? Concerning that it's taken so long after looking close days ago. 

Paterson would be a smart signing in my view but if his wages are an issue like Zohore's? Then, we should move onto more viable targets, as we do still need a few more players. 

29 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Thought this would have been signed and sealed by now going on what was said at the weekend. 

Sounds like other clubs are making enquiries

Re: ‘Why couldn’t we keep this under wraps?’ – Many Sheffiel... 

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Warnock will step in and take him at that price

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Thought this would have been signed and sealed by now going on what was said at the weekend. 

This is Wednesday we're talking about, whenever is owt straight forward. 

33 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Sounds like other clubs are making enquiries

Re: ‘Why couldn’t we keep this under wraps?’ – Many Sheffiel... 

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Warnock will step in and take him at that price

perhaps young Att should stop making friends with potential signings on instagram until we have completed deals. Very frustrating if this falls through.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

perhaps young Att should stop making friends with potential signings on instagram until we have completed deals. Very frustrating if this falls through.  

Who knows the ins and outs of the negotiations, apart from rumours and reports but my thoughts were that he'd be a smart signing. However in the current climate and our predicament, we have to be sensible, considering our past issues with the EFL and I would think we still need a few more players. Wouldn't be surprised if the player and his agent are weighing up all the offers, if there are other enquiries but hopefully it still goes in our favour but if it doesn't we move onto other targets and look for another bargain or loanee. 

Find the bit about payment of the fee hard to believe because all that would normally be agreed before we talk to him.

And if we ain’t talking to the player yet then it’s not going to happen soon.

Unless Cardiff changed their stance because other clubs offered to pay up front.

In which case I expect DC to walk away, doesn’t like it when people go back on an agreement.