Weren’t we after him before he signed for Cardiff?

Not played this season for them, attacking wing back, though right sided I think? Another player that can play in a number of positions though. Would definitely bring more goals. 25 years old. Only question mark is his injury record. Be a great signing if we could land him.

Att following apparently, so nailed on.

Yesterday Howson said he had noknowledge of us being in for him. 

Having said that think Monks change in comment indicated somethinghad moved, Expect him to sign today.

Just now, sheffwed1 said:

Who can play all over the pitch. In our position with how small the squad is that would be very useful. 

Aren’t we then back into the realms of square pegs in round holes

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If he does sign it will be interesting what position Monk plays him in. Imo we would still need a target man as well as Paterson. 

He's a makeshift striker at best.  Or used to be, at least.  Not really been paying attention to him at Cardiff. 

He hasn't really been a right-back for a few years now. Watched an interview with him saying he was a striker at Hearts before he played right-back. Seems he's made his way back to that position. Personally, I like him. He's aggressive, excellent in the air, and is a strong finisher with either foot. He can play. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

He hasn't really been a right-back for a few years now. Watched an interview with him saying he was a striker at Hearts before he played right-back. Seems he's made his way back to that position. Personally, I like him. He's aggressive, excellent in the air, and is a strong finisher with either foot. He can play. 

That’s interesting. Whenever I’ve seen him in that role, he always looks like a makeshift striker, someone you send up front in desperation Maybe you’ve seen a bit more of him than me, and he does have the makings of a bona fide striker. There are plenty of Wednesday fans who would say Warhurst was a good striker, and that goalscoring burst he had with us, would seem to back that up. In reality though, he didn’t think like a striker, which made him difficult to play with, and maybe even to play against. Patterson might be a useful addition, I’m neither for or against, but he certainly isn’t a priority right now

• Like 1